Job description / Role
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Provides direction and management for medium and large-size projects, or several small projects is responsible for the implementation, planning, programming, coordination, scope development, scope management and overall implementation of the project to meet project goals and objectives. Plans and defines the project and devises methods to accomplish them, develop in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms, and stakeholder requirements. Should be familiar with the integration of engineering-technical aspects, as well as procurement and construction activities.
Major Activities Performed:
• Act as the lead Project Manager of overall coordination and management of any assigned infrastructure of Facilities projects interface with Master Planning team, Engineering, Procurement, F&B, Utility Company, and all other stakeholders, to fine the technical design basis, schedule, development implementation plan, lead efforts of RFP development, tender bidding, and award, and manage the overall Pre-Award RFP development process and Stakeholders Management, up to and including Award of the project.
• Participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and public meetings in support of the client.
• Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
• Establishes the program implementation requirements for all areas of the project and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to those criteria. Responsible for the development and distribution of Project Charter to all members of the project team for reference.
• Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths. Provides inputs to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates. Field responsibilities may include labor relations, local procurement and payroll operations, etc.. if required.
• Makes recommendations to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work. Discusses the qualifications required of any key project positions in specific detail with the department managers, directors and section managers.
• Works with other managers, project engineers, and disciplines leads to develops budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
• Works with the key project individuals to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential conflicts, coordination issues, delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client of any such changes.
• Promote technical and commercial excellence on the project through the application of Quality Assurance processes. Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activities within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
• Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
• Reporting of projects progress status.
• Perform other responsibilities associate it with this position as may be appropriate.
• Supervision Received: Manager of Projects & Manager, RC Projects Section.
• Supervision Given: Projects Engineers, project support staff, schedulers.
• Internal Contracts: All employees on the project, other disciplines and departments.
• External Contracts: Clients, Suppliers, Subcontractors, Government Agencies, as necessary.
Experience and Qualifications:
• 4 Years Degree in Engineering from a western recognized university or related field with at least 15 years of relevant engineering, procurement, and construction business work experience is required Incumbent should have a board general technical and business background, experience in design & construction, as well as previous project management experience on similar or related projects (specific experience within managing pre-construction activities is required).
• Professional registration like PMP is a significant advantage.
• Incumbent must meet Parsons’ project management certification requirements.
• Proven ability to perform in a management capacity.
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
• In-depth and robust knowledge of industry practices and regulations are also required.
• Candidate must be knowledgeable of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
• Must have EPC and PC project execution experience.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.