Job description / Role
To manage the design and tender stages of major building projects from initial concept through the various design phases to issue of tender documentation as well as the tender process leading to award of construction contracts.
Reporting to assigned Project Director and/or Senior Management, the appointment involves acting as the firm’s senior representative in all technical matters with clients as well as managing resources and controlling progress and internal expenditure to ensure successful completion of projects within budget and to the satisfaction of clients.
In addition to management of active projects, the role also involves preparation of technical and financial proposals for new projects if needed.
Responsibilities will include:
* Planning and organizing internal manpower and resources over the duration of projects.
* Ensuring that work during the design and tender stages is executed in accordance with contractual requirements and the firm’s objectives in terms of quality and cost.
* Ensuring that client objectives in respect of project budget and programme are met.
* Ensuring that all necessary regulatory approvals are obtained.
* Ensuring proper coordination between all architectural and engineering design disciplines.
* Interfacing and coordinating with joint venture partners/international design consultants where applicable.
* Procuring and/or managing specialist sub-consultant services where required.
* Preparing technical and financial inputs to proposals for new projects.
* Suitable candidates will hold a Bachelors Degree in Architecture Engineering.
* Must have at least 15 years’ experience in architectural engineering design of major building projects.
* 3 years of which should have been in a managerial role.
* Thorough knowledge of their specific field of expertise.
* Candidates should have good all-round knowledge and understanding of the building design process, including technical aspects of the various architectural and engineering disciplines as well as project cost control, value engineering and scheduling requirements.
* Candidates will also be familiar with international standards for design, methods of measurement and forms of contract for construction projects.
* Proven leadership and organizational abilities with the capability and personality to lead large multi-disciplinary project design teams.
* A high level of communication and presentation skills.
* Knowledge and experience of quality management and quality control procedures applicable to the design process.
* Familiarity with modern design office management systems.
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.
Design Project Manager
|Saudi Arabia||15 Apr|
|Saudi Arabia||11 Apr|
Project Manager - Architect
Senior Project Manager