Job description / Role
The Project Manager is a senior member of the Roads & Highways design services team, and is primarily responsible for the management of Roads & Highways design (studies, FEED and detailed design) projects of high complexity, including team management, schedule and cost control, quality management, risk management and client management throughout the project development lifecycle. The Project Manager is accountable for the delivery of Roads & Highways design projects in accordance with project budgets and schedules while satisfying all technical and quality projects requirements. The Project Manager is the main client counterpart and ensures client requirements are handled in a professional manner, while maintaining a positive and reputable company image in all interactions. The Project Manager is expected to progressively support and work on more complex projects, as needed.
Key Responsibilities Areas and Activities Of The Role
• Manage Roads & Highways design projects of high complexity, including schedule and cost control, team management, client management and risk management
• Develop project management plans, including schedule baselines, project scope baselines, man-hour estimates, quality plans, budgets and risk plans for Roads & Highways design projects of moderate complexity
• Develop scope baseline, detailed work breakdown structures, project activities and critical path charts for Roads & Highways design projects of moderate complexity
• Provide input on project procurement needs, including external specialty suppliers, as needed
• Lead internal and external project kick-off meetings and ensure stakeholders are aligned
• Manage the design teams of all related disciplines (utilities, traffic, …) from other departments during the execution of design projects across all design stages, including concept design, schematic design, draft final design and construction documents
• Coordinate with technical design team leaders for addressing clients’ technical issues, reviewing designs, obtaining approvals, etc. for Roads & Highways design projects of high complexity\
• Ensure client relations and high level presentations
• Civil Engineering Degree
• Master degree/ PMP certification are a plus
• Hands-on experience in Roads & Highways design, including Civil 3D
• Solid knowledge in all aspects of project management
• Excellent knowledge of project management software
• Strong budget management skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
• Good understanding of quality control and risk management
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of stakeholders, including senior management, clients and various departments
• Proficiency in spoken and written English. Arabic is an advantage
Experience To Execute This Role:
• 15+ years of experience in the Roads & Highways Design Industry in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy or project management firm
• Strong experience and track record in managing Roads & Highways design projects
• Significant experience within the Middle East, preferably in the KSA.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).