Project Manager - Engineering
V3 Middle East Engineering Consultants Co.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
An engineering project manager is a person who directs and assesses the daily operations of an engineering team. When engineers, designers and manufacturers must work together to develop and produce a project, engineering project managers oversee the process. Engineering managers review proposals and supervise much of the budgeting and cost analysis for projects. Engineering project managers direct teams of engineers and report to an administration or general manager.
Engineering Project Manager duties
These are some of the daily duties of an Engineering Project Manager:
• Ensuring adherence to safety guidelines: Depending on the specific project objectives or processes, there may be federal and organizational guidelines that team members must follow when operating. Engineering project managers enforce these guidelines and encourage their staff to follow them.
• Preparing proposals and other reports: Because engineering project managers work with budgeting and cost-analysis, they prepare funding proposals and other materials. They may also provide quarterly or annual engineering productivity reviews to administrations.
• Motivating and encouraging team members: Engineering project managers are leaders that the members of the team can rely on for support and encouragement. Because engineering project managers are skilled in both engineering and management, they have a wide range of abilities for helping their staff.
• Creating daily and monthly schedules: To aid in keeping production on time, engineering project managers create schedules for project deadlines and when team members should finish their work by. This allows the process to stay efficient and can reduce stress for the team.
• Tracking and analyzing productivity: By gathering and assessing project data, the manager can identify which areas need improvement and propose ideas for fixing issues. They can also recognize how their team excels and take advantage of those aptitudes.
• Delegating tasks based on ability: Understanding each member of the team is important for project managers so they can delegate tasks to the most suitable individual. Dividing projects into minor tasks and assigning those tasks to a staff member or small group is part of what engineering project managers do every day.
• Collaborating and innovating: Though an engineering project manager spends much of their time working on management tasks, they may still work with engineers who create blueprints for projects. The project manager can help teams brainstorm or lead meetings for product development sessions.
• Closing project processes: When projects reach completion, it's the project manager's job to file the proper paperwork and handle extra materials or products. Preparing the team for the next project begins by reviewing and closing the last one.
Experience of more than 10 years with similar experience in a Consultant Company
Project Manager AOR – Required ASAP to lead the design reviews and lead the delivery of
project. Support the client with all the requirements of local codes and procedures. Attend the weekly meeting for all packages of project which is divided into 7 packages and 3 main lead design consultants distributed to cover the overall load..
Important Engineering Project Manager skills
These are some important skills for Engineering Project Managers:
• Communication: Engineering project managers must convey information effectively to other managers and their team members.
• Organization: Successfully scheduling projects and storing data require the engineering project manager to have excellent organization skills.
• Problem-solving: When issues arise during a project, the project manager recognizes the problem and proposes a solution as quickly as possible to avoid possible delays, making problem-solving very important.
• Math literacy: Project managers often work with cost management, budgeting and project statistics, so they must be very comfortable with math and equations.
• Adaptability: Engineering project managers may work on many projects at once, or move to different projects rapidly. The ability to adapt to new projects, parameters and deadlines is important for engineering project managers.
• Listening skills: An engineering project manager must be good at receiving input from their team. Listening skills are important because they complement strong communication and allow team members to know that their input is important.
• Natural intuition: Noticing the minor details and coming to conclusions based on the evidence at hand is important for any engineer, but especially so for project managers. The ability to sense when there may be issues in production or teamwork allows project managers to prepare for complications and support an efficient team.
• Creativity: Because engineering project managers may work with their teams to help them produce and plan products, creativity can be very important. Being creative may help project managers develop alternative solutions to problems and contribute innovations to product development.
About the Company
Established in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 2000, V3 Middle East Engineering Consultants Co. has built a strong reputation for Architectural/Engineering and Design Excellence, drawing on our rich history of unsurpassed Quality, Commitment to Excellence and Focus on Clients.
We take pride in our success and accomplishments which we attribute to our most valuable assets, our Dedicated Team of Architects, Engineers and Technical Staff.
With over 500 Engineers and Technical Staff between V3 Middle East and its sister company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, USA, we are able to deliver the most complex of projects with the highest level of quality following the utmost professional standards, both ethically and with integrity.
Project Manager - Construction
Compass Project Consulting
|Saudi Arabia||10 Jan|
|Saudi Arabia||10 Jan|
A Leading Company In Sharjah