Project Manager - Offshore
Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Title: Project Manager - Offshore
1. Provide the project focal point for all engineering design and drafting activities for the assigned area of the facility. Also provide the primary focal point for interdisciplinary coordination for all engineering and design activities as they are required for assigned area.
Operations and Activities
2. Responsible for timely production of all engineering deliverables within his/her assigned area.
3. Responsible for clarifying and/or expanding workscope definition as it applies to the assigned area of engineering design and equipment procurement.
4. Responsible to establish detailed plans for the assigned area of engineering design development within project established parameters.
5. Responsible to engineering management for accurate reporting of the assigned area of engineering progress and identification of progress constraints requiring action by the project.
6. Responsible for communicating with project and engineering management to ensure that project expectations for the assigned area of engineering are clearly identified and met.
7. Responsible to review the work performed by the assigned area engineering disciplines to ensure consistency with project requirements and that appropriate discipline input is included in final documents.
8. Responsible to demonstrate and reinforce good management principles and behavior to the engineering disciplines.
9. Responsible to ensure that ideas that improve the project cost/risk position are encouraged and presented to engineering management for consideration.
10. Responsible to communicate and reinforce the project principles and key objectives to the engineering disciplines.
11. Responsible for ensuring that the engineering disciplines have adequate qualified staff to support the design requirements for the assigned area development schedule.
12. Responsible to advise organizational enhancements that will streamline design execution.
13. Responsible in the review of the assigned area of engineering design, to assess the capabilities of the engineers to effectively perform the work assigned.
14. Responsible to provide the assigned area engineering personnel necessary information and, where applicable, training to perform the work defined.
15. Responsible to provide feedback to engineering management and discipline management on the performance of the assigned area engineering personnel.
16. Responsible to approve time charges and overtime requirements as authorized by project management for engineering design personnel for the assigned area.
17. Responsible to determine need to retain or release assigned area personnel as design works are completed.
Schedule and Budget
18. Responsible to review actual vs. planned progress and productivity of the engineering groups as they relate to the assigned area design plan.
19. Responsible to approve discipline time sheets for all work pertaining to the assigned area.
20. Responsible to provide engineering management projections as to overruns or underruns based upon component productivity and work scope variations and coordinate development of project variances for the assigned area facilities.
21. Responsible to review/approve technical recommendations for procurement of project materials related to the assigned area of the project and ensure that multi-discipline inputs to procurement are adequately satisfied.
1. Total of 20 years' Experience and 10-15 years Offshore experience
2. BS in engineering is required
3. Master's degree in engineering or MBA is a plus
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.