Job description / Role
Ready to put your project management expertise to work on complex projects? Are you great with people and have a track record managing teams that get the job done? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Project Manager - Sea Water Cooling with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that enhance the fabric of our community.
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest-running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
• The Project Manager’s - Sea Water Cooling function is to direct the assigned project(s) or study in such a manner as to assure its on-schedule completion within or below the established budget, in accordance with contractual obligations and good project management practice, and in a manner satisfactory to the Client and the Company.
• The Senior Project Manager’s work normally involves total project management of the project’s technical, financial, and administrative functions.
• Under Client’s General Supervision reports to Operation Manager and through him to Client.
• Supervises Project Managers, scheduler. project’s controllers' Schedulers and project acceptance specialists.
Major Activities Performed: List the major job function(s) of the position.
• Establishes the detailed scope of work for the project(s) in conjunction with other divisions and Client and in accordance with project(s) proposal and contract.
• Assists Management in the preparation of requests for proposals prepares and/or reviews contract documents, develops scopes of work, determines technical skill requirements and man loading for projects, determines inputs for contract pricing efforts, and assists in preparation of project plans and schedules.
• Establishes, with the Project Staff, Department Manager and Senior Management, staff budgets and manpower requirements necessary to execute the scope(s) of work of his project(s).
• Establishes the design criteria and conceptual preliminary engineering for all areas of the project(s) and monitors the final engineering and construction for adherence to these criteria. Has the overall and general responsibility for construction activities.
• Delegates the authority to the Resident Construction Manager (RCM) for the execution of the project construction program and, through the RCM, will monitor these construction activities for compliance with established schedules and budgets.
• Monitors the progress of all project functions and reports on their status to the Division Management and Client as required. Gives particular attention to reporting matters affecting project overruns or delays and makes every effort with Division Management to rectify these conditions.
• Supplies Division Management and/or Client with current, accurate information regarding the status of all project management functions by the maintenance of appropriate records and the periodic issuance of informative reports.
• Maintains, through the Project Staff, a Chronological file of project history, supported by the compilation of minutes of meetings and a daily log of significant events affecting the project. Keeps the Project Sponsor informed of significant project milestones and of major conditions that could affect the project costs, schedule of client relations.
• Assists the Contracts Manager during the negotiation of contracts as required. Authorizes and approves all requests to the Accounting Department for preparation of invoices to the client.
• Approves all submittals to the Client of project work outputs, information requests, advisor notices, project status reports, etc.
• Reviews all work for compliance with the contract. Identifies out-of-scope work requirements.
• Prepares contract change notices as required.
• Coordinates intra-company work assignments with other divisions, departments, and/or field offices.
• Performs other project management functions as required by Company Management
• The minimum of Bachelor Degree from recognized university or college in an engineering field or field related to the work for which the individual is applying.
• Membership or affiliation with professional organizations related to the individual’s speciality is preferred.
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience directly related to the position for which application is being made.
• At least eight (8) of the fifteen years must have been spent in significant engineering and project supervisory assignments involving independent decisions and comparative responsibility.
• Experience must have included complete fiscal accountability for a moderate-size project or project area in addition to the management of its engineering, budgeting, planning, procurement, and scheduling activities.
• Ability to proficiently perform duties in accordance with the job description for a Senior Project Manager supplemented by the following:
- Evidence of good potential shown by satisfactory past performance and growth in technical, fiscal, and management responsibilities in the engineering field.
- Evidence of superior initiative, judgement, and ability required to assume the total leadership to a complete large-scale project.
- Evidence of acceptable personal characteristics which will enhance Client relationships and maintain a good image of the Company.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.