Job description / Role
The role will involve the management of a small team of Design Engineers based locally and includes responsibility for governance compliance and the management of stormwater design and modelling projects. It will require ensuring stringent check and reviews of project work and deliverables, financial, programming and project management responsibility. Liaison with other practice offices, divisions, clients and staff is also needed.
- Planning the continuity of workload for the local Project Management team.
- Able to motivate a team, ensuring they are challenged, stretched and developed, and demonstrate good leadership qualities.
- Ensure that business activity within the team conforms to the Business Management System (BMS) and does not present an unacceptable risk.
- Provide direction to project staff in order to establish and maintain a highly motivated project team
- Co-ordinate, motivate and direct the project teams and work closely with Clients and other Stakeholders to ensure that all safety, quality, cost and programme targets are met and to ensure compliance with policies and procedure
- Regular, timely financial monitoring and reporting of projects
- Programme and Resource management of projects
- Quality Assurance for all client deliverables in accordance with Atkins BMS
- Proven Project Management record and knowledge and experience of Atkins project management processes including EA, CRM Pipeline, iGate, PSRs, JDE etc.
- Proficiency if hydrological studies and stormwater modelling (InfoWorks ICM and/or InfoSWMM)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office packages including Microsoft Project, Excel etc
- Good influencing skills and able to build rapport with both clients and Atkins’ internal stakeholders.
- Proven record of managing staff to deliver excellent financial and project outcomes, meeting and exceeding clients’ expectations
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is reliable, proactive and innovative, whilst able to keep calm under pressure and when working to demanding deadlines.
- Excellent Communication Skills – aural and written
- Ability to manage multidisciplinary teams
- Arabic Speaker (preferred)
- BSc/BEng Engineering (or related) degree or equivalent experience
- APM qualification (preferred)
- Proficiency with Primavera Programming software
- Proficiency with free surface flow modelling packages (InfoWorks ICM and/or InfoSWMM)
- Experience of KPI reporting
- APM Accreditation
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).