Job description / Role
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Project Manager will work with and support their defense client counterparts in the delivery of their projects. Authority to run projects on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the program manager and will be supervised by the Program Management Office (PMO).
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Define the project life cycle and the major milestones within that life cycle
- Define at a high level the products\\functions to be delivered at each stage of the life cycle and estimate the time required
- Structure the project into tasks, activities and deliverables and dependencies
- Determine & Plan budget and resources per task, activity, deliverables and define roles and responsibilities
- To work with Service integrators and ensure the end-to-end delivery of all the project work streams
- To work with the program manager and ensure that all program work stream's interdependencies are accounted for and executed as per the dependency plan
- Report deviations from plan (time and cost) or potential obstacles on the critical path
- Present project status to the IT Transformation Steering Committee
- Arrange regular monthly risk workshops where both Service integrators and defense client personnel will participate
- Ensure client and the implementers have a clear and agreed understanding of the project scope
- Control any scope changes through a clear Change Management procedure and ensure quality processes are implemented
- Responsible on the project documentations, maintaining repository and version control of documents.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 10 years of experience in project management.
- Previous experience in IT applications implementation " Datawarehouse, Business Process Management, GIS" , Enterprise Service Bus, HSE systems, Digital channel implementation, Real estate systems (minimum 3 projects).
- Previous experience in defense industry
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- PMP certified or equivalent
- Bachelor Degree in Computer science or business or equivalent
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.