Job description / Role
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Project Operation Manager Position for the Saudi operations has become available. Start your career with Baker Hughes a GE company, a leader in the Oilfield Services industry. This position serves as an Offshore Project Operation Engineer. You will be dedicated to providing flawless job execution to our customer at the well-site. The Project Operation Engineer is the primary interface between BHGE Project team and the Customer's Engineering/Operation Team, and is responsible for completing and managing the Job Cycle process for each operation.
Responsible for the overall multi-PL's project execution and delivery of technical solutions to solve project challenges. Plans, organizes, and coordinates project for than 3 product lines.
- Set up and manage day-to-day operations by troubleshooting field operations
- Set up the guidelines and quality assurance to avoid operation problems (NPT) for BHGE client and meet the objectives outlined in the drilling program
- Manage and conduct post well evaluations of drilling practices and effectiveness
- Ensure equipment in a state of readiness to provide the customer with a High quality service and obtain the maximum life span of our equipment
- Provide some technical guidance and work direction to field staff
- Work with field engineers and customers in identifying and evaluating potential inefficiencies in drilling operation
- Review and analyze drilling performance, then recommend innovative drilling practices in order to develop and maintain customer project KPIs
- Communicate effectively with Client Drilling Engineers on a daily and as needed basis, and make recommendations to engineers in order to optimize drilling performance
- Conduct post well evaluations of drilling practices and effectiveness
- Delivery of daily operations/performance reports
- Responsible for field resource deployment planning and execution to meet customer and business metrics
- Communicate and facilitate continuous improvement Identifies new product opportunities and development strategies.
- Comply with BHI's HSE policies and guidelines as per IWS Management System. Contribute to improved HSE standards by setting example by safe work practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 8+ years of experience in oilfield operations
- In-depth understanding of common drilling practices across a wide range of environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with customers at various managerial and technical levels
- Highly motivated, focused, hands-on, result oriented, strong drive for excellence
- Experience in one or more than product lines such as DS, DB, DCF
- Advanced use of software applications including MS Office, e-mail clients, and web browsers
- Work experience as operational lead
- Relevant experience in directional drilling, MWD/LWD, Drill Bit and drilling fluid
- Team and a significant period of well site experience
- Time management and organization skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Project management and supervision skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.