Job description / Role
Air Products is looking for an Project Pipeline Engineering Manager to work in the Engineering organization.The successful candidate will be required to have a good approach to health, safety and could work across multi discipline teams as well as different cultures around the world including UK, US, India and China. We are looking for a candidate with good communication skills in both verbal and written English and all-round flexibility to commit time and effort to achieve project requirements.
The ability to travel when required, both to site and other engineering offices on a planned basis.
It is foreseen that the candidate will manage Third Party Engineering Teams with a focus on executing Cross Country Pipeline Engineering projects and assist the Engineering Manager with departmental activities.
The successful candidate will be required to work independently representing the Engineering Department in KSA and be effective in promoting and supporting all aspects of the work done in the Department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be the Project Pipeline Engineering Manager on a Project to manage the delivery of the pipeline engineering scope either by managing a team in house (KSA), undertaking the work by himself or executing using a local outsourcing design Contractor.
• To become the regional expert in pipeline activities.
• When using a local Design Contractor
• Be able to develop the scope of work for local outsource design Contractor.
• Assess the suitability of the documentation to be issued to the local outsource design Contractor for the detail design.
• Be able to monitor the detail design work outsourced to local design Contractor to given time frame and to review the design Contractor’s work to meet the Project’s requirements.
• Involved in the execution strategies and upfront work for projects to establish the design basis for the Pipeline Engineering scope like Topological Surveys (plan and profiles), Geotechnical Investigations, Radar Mapping, Material Selection etc.
• Prepare and/or check the calculations of the interaction between pipelines and soil and other related aspects in pipeline engineering.
• Develop the scope of work for Construction Contracts involving Pipeline Engineering. Provide technical support during bidding process and construction.
• Maintain Air Products standards and specifications up to date by assisting the Department in keeping up with requirements of national and international codes.
• Bring experience to suggest new economical ways in designing the work – identify problem areas in the work practices and suggest improvements based on feedback and own previous experience.
• Involvement with proposals for future work such as estimating man hours and quantities for construction costs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• The Project Pipeline Engineering Manager shall hold an Engineering Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering and be a chartered engineer of a relevant international recognized Institution (such as the ICE or IStructE in the United Kingdom).
• Cross Country Pipeline Engineering experience in a Process Design Industry is preferred.
• An overall 15+ years’ experience in the Pipeline engineering field is required.
• Experience in managing engineering teams in a project environment is required.
• A proven track record is required as Lead Pipeline Engineer on multimillion USD projects.
• Experience with Cathodic Protection Systems and Welding Procedures is expected.
• Understanding of geotechnical terminology and principles to aid discussions with geotechnical specialists to appreciate ground conditions.
• Appreciate the duration for various tasks regarding pipeline engineering to assist in preparation of project schedules.
• Have knowledge in the use of industry wide design software packages.
• Use of various international and local design standards – ASME. ANSI, AISC, ASCE, Euro codes.
• Familiar with Saudi Aramco standards and procedures
• Working experience with local Saudi Authorities like Royal Commissioning
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.