Job description / Role
The Project Quality Manager is responsible to ensure that all EPC and construction Contractors and commissioning activities are performed in accordance with the provisions of the NEOM Power Quality Plan III, NATURE AND SCOPE Safety is a very important aspect in all project phases, Travel might require for this position both short & long business trips as needed.
• Managing a team of QA/QC Engineers/ Inspectors who are specialized in different disciplines
• Working in a Mega size project, specifically:
• Multi-year serial installation experience o Working across several widely distributed construction sites o Managing a large, global, fast paced inspection regime
• Multi- project Type: Electrical/Power project, ELE Substations, Power Controls, LV/MV/HV etc
• Experience of Renewable power (solar/wind) and Grid is a MUST
• As approved by the Project & Quality Directors, the Project Quality Manager has the responsibility and commensurate authority to accomplish the following duties:
• The NEOM Project Quality Manager reports directly to the Project Overall Quality Director, Project Power Director & Regional Quality Manager.
• Assist on developing, Implementing, and direct the NEOM QA/QC requirements, including monitoring/supporting conformance by the project
• Maintain highest standards of safety in line with AP safety culture and expectations
• Responsible for producing and executing the NEOM Power Project Quality Plans/Work Instructions/ and Job Aids in line with AP Business Management System, (BMS) and relevant country/regional practices and procedures
• Oversee and coordinate the work of the EPC and construction contractors assigned to the project. This is also applicable during the commissioning/start-up period where vendor and Operations representatives are present.
• Develop AP Construction Quality Plan and review & update the plan as appropriate.
• Audit and monitor all Contractor Quality Programmes, advice the Discipline Supervisors, Field Superintendents and Site Manager of any shortfalls and provide specialist support
• Interface with any 3rd party independent inspections/ audits conducted by within AP
• Manage and guide the QA/QC activities during the execution of the NEOM
• Ensure that all actions, works, and services undertaken by Suppliers and Sub-Contractors follow the respective Contractual Agreement.
• Develop and maintain measurable quality KPIs for the Project.
• Ensure provision of proper technical coordination and administration services to the project management group.
• Ensuring that QA/QC culture is visible across the entire project at all levels.
• Review and approve Suppliers, Contractor, and Subcontractor quality programs, including Project Specific Quality Plans and Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) to ensure they meet the requirements of AP work practices.
• Participate in a weekly on-site construction meeting with the assigned contractors and their subcontractors and discuss quality related issues
• To evaluate, assess and audit/survey suppliers and contractor's quality on a regular basis so as to ensure the desired quality level is maintained.
• Chair regular meetings involving all Contractors' Senior Representatives and AP construction engineers
• Support the fabrication, assembly, and construction erection activities and report any non-conformances and follow up on the required corrective and preventative actions.
• Provide inputs to the collection of Lessons Learned for NEOM
• 15+ years of industry EPC/EPCC experience
Desired knowledge in the areas of:
• Renewable Power Construction, Welding, Material Management, Preservation, FAT/SAT requirements,
• Strong Leadership and communication skills
• A Leader during planning and execution phases.
• Planning/organization skills
• Ability to travel globally
• Willingness to relocate to NEOM office's, KSA
• Experience in managing large-scale capital Power projects by performing regular reviews and critical inspections as and when required.
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Project Quality Manager - HIDC
|Saudi Arabia||7 Mar|
Site Construction Manager
|Saudi Arabia||3 Mar|
Lead Electrical Engineer - OHTL
|Saudi Arabia||4 Feb|
Senior Electrical Engineer