Job description / Role
Public Relations Officer is responsible for carrying out all the transactions required to support the employees covered under their scope. The PRO interacts with the various government bodies such as Ministry of Labor, Ministry of Interior, Investment Authorities, Chamber of Commerce, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs to name a few. The PROs are part of the GOHR.
Key relationship within GE will be with the HR Operations leaders, HR Managers, Legal, Shared Services, and the employees. There are number of external service providers including consulates, embassies, airport authorities, banks, and government and semi government organizations with whom the role needs to engage for employee related compliance management.
- Represent GE at the government bodies for employee related compliance (work and visit visas, gate passes etc.).
- Ensure visit visa is issued & deposited for all manual requests
- On time consulate (Embassy) visa processing
- Timely document pick up & visa submission to consulates
- Update country specific information on visa matters
- Claims settlement for all cash transactions
- Maintain & update process documents
- Maintain a copy (hard & soft) various entity documents (trade license, commercial registrations, etc.) which are used to carry out the work responsibilities.
- Maintain Trackers for the various employee transaction status
- Support original certificate attestations which are used in employee transactions.
- Processing gate passes for client sites (for sites which officially require the company's PRO to process)
- Positive, cheerful attitude with willingness to learn.
- Penchant for operations & transaction management.
- Good team player able to build positive working relationships: internally & externally.
- Service oriented should be able to understand and influence customers.
- Good networking and ability to work in an unstructured environment.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Methodical approach to work.
- Basic computer skills - Windows environment
- Sensitivity to accuracy & timelines, task completion and be a self-starter.
- Excellent communication & execution abilities.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.