Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory. As a Purchasing Coordinator, you are responsible for administrative procedures concerning allocated received requests and orders . Assist the Group Director of Purchasing & Purchasing Managers in the control of all Purchasing items and to maintain a fully computerized system for the administration of Purchasing Maintenance systems.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Group Director of Purchasing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Check the system daily and complete all administrative procedures concerning allocated received requests and orders .
- Check queries and request clarifications or any concerns regarding received purchase request data, descriptions, units, quantities and specifications .
- Request and negotiate best price quotations, ensuring best quality for all received orders and forward same for approval, while ensuring the best delivery schedule .
- Handle timely the daily market list, allocating orders, checking new items included for price and availability, ensuring approvals for onward vendor order confirmation .
- Check and ensure that all approved and authorized purchase orders are timely forwarded (faxed or delivered) to the concerned vendors
- Verify and follow up on all pending orders (approved and under approval) through system reports and / or by reporting any concern .
- Investigate and clarify price, quantity and quality discrepancies with the approved order being reported upon delivery by the vendors .
- Review and update all personally entered (locked) price quotations, quote validity and supplier's data in the system .
- Ability to develop and build relationships, utilize skills appropriately.
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system.
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to other colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Procurement & Logistics Manager
|Saudi Arabia||22 Mar|
Excelsior Group ME
|Saudi Arabia||7 Apr|