Job description / Role
• To purchase all food and non-food items for the operational needs.
• Knows the market and seeks constant information about changes (prices, products available, etc.).
• Knows all importing procedures, purchasing dispositions and receiving procedures.
• Has to purchase the best quality of goods available (according to the management) at the best price possible. If necessary, he/she involves the relevant Department Head or the GM into negotiations with suppliers.
• Compares quality and prices permanently between the suppliers.
• Maintains regular contact with his/her colleagues of other Boudl properties in the area for information exchange.
• Keeping of the filing cabinet with all information such as supplier, price, quantity, etc. constantly up-dated.
• Places only orders where a duly signed purchase request from the General Manager exists.
• Is responsible to get at least three quotations on each purchase request.
• Takes advice from the Executive Chef or other Department Heads in regard of quality and quantity.
• Samples of goods he/she has to pass to the involved departments.
• Works close together with the storekeeper and ensures store space of delivered goods and dispositions of goods.
• Goes personally to the markets to be aware of shortages, recent price changes and seasonal situations.
• Keeps the management constantly informed about all happenings in the market concerning the business?
• Is personally responsible that needed goods are delivered in time.
• Is not allowed to take any commissions, personal advantages or gifts offered by any supplier.
• Submits ideas, alternatives and new products to the management according to the company policy.
• To issue a monthly price overview for daily market items.
• Minimum 3 years' experience as Purchasing Manager.
• Five Stars hotels' experience.
• The Purchasing Manager covers all purchasing procedures and provision of all food and non-food items of the Hotel.
• Provision of items can be local, domestic or imported from abroad.
• The primary issue regarding all purchased items is the Quality.
• Secondly, our target is to get the requested quality at the best market price available.
About the Company
Boudl company was established in 1959 under the name of Saleh Naser to Khelaiwi and Sons Co. In few years, the company opened a number of hotels throughout the KSA & Kuwait. through its journey of success, the company created the Boudl brand which became the first brand in the hospitality field in KSA.
Senior Procurement Manager
|Saudi Arabia||27 Jul|
Procurement Performance Manager
|Saudi Arabia||19 Jul|
Senior Procurement Manager
Procurement Manager - Contractor - Sports Development - Immediate
|Saudi Arabia||28 Jun|
Procurement Manager - Associate Director
Compass Project Consulting