Job description / Role
Leadership received from (directly):
Director of Finance
Leadership received from (indirectly):
Finance - Manager - Executive Chef
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- Thorough knowledge of Purchasing functions, Payable procedures, Goods receiving and storing procedures, thorough Market Knowledge and internal controls.
- Must ensure to maintain minimum inventory levels at all times.
- Full cooperation with the Area Director of Purchasing MHR Middle East / Project Manager Future Log Middle East.
- Make full usage of the corporate web shop
- Knowledge of automated procurement systems "material Control".
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and capable of managing several tasks at one time.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable local laws.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Working knowledge of modern office methods, procedures, and equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Maintain courteous and friendly atmosphere and good working relationships with all colleagues.
- Act as a department team member and involve in projecting a good personal, department and company image.
- Makes conscious decisions; implement and monitor it.
- Manages time and resources effectively.
- Has drive and determination to succeed.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Thinks ahead, developing contingency plans where necessary.
- Liaise directly with Director of Food and Beverage/Executive Chef on all food and beverage requirements.
- Liaise with Department Heads for individual department requirements, provide them with alternatives and advise on cost effective procurement, economical order quantity and on setting the Par Stock levels for all the items.
- Ensure that every department receive uninterrupted supply of goods and services as per required standard.
- Conduct market survey on timely basis in order to study market innovation, new products, cost comparison etc.
- Enter into quarterly agreement with suppliers for Fruits & Vegetable, Fish & Meat and any other regular supplies.
- Manages time and resources effectively.
- Sets and strives to achieve high personal performance standards.
- Plans, organizes and uses a systematic approach to getting things done.
- Priorities actions and manages tasks through to completion.
- Collect and analyse relevant and accurate information about a challenge, accept every change as a learning curve and find a solution to overcome every challenge.
- Execute efficient and cost effective purchasing for Food, Beverage, General and operating equipment.
- Ensure that proper operating standards are adhered to in the areas of purchasing, receiving, store and goods issuing.
- Purchases of the inventory items must be scrutinized thoroughly,
- Handle all queries from internal & external customers.
- Manages conflicts effectively
- Motivates and inspires others to perform.
- Communicates openly and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Develops positive working relationships at all levels.
- Effectively delegates to get things done.
- Maintain vendor performance file to ensure the consistency in quality and service.
- Maintain inventory records
- Maintain goods expiry records and plan usage with Department Heads before expiry date.
- Report to management on monthly basis savings achieved during the month.
- Follow strictly Hotel Purchasing Procedure, ensure that each purchase is supported with three quotations, the quotation should not be a paper exercise but every cost comparison must ensure best price and best quality.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times.
- Complete understanding of the hotel's employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained therein.
- Liaise with Owning Company Auditors and Operating Company Auditors.
- Complete understanding of the hotel's policies & procedures and standard operating procedures and polices relating to fire, safety and health.
- Job Description for Purchasing Manager will include above essential functions but will not be limited to the functions listed above.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
|Saudi Arabia||18 Feb|
|Saudi Arabia||15 Feb|
|Saudi Arabia||3 Feb|
Country Procurement Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Assistant Purchasing Manager - Saudi National