Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory. As Purchasing Supervisor you will supervise the purchase of goods and materials required by the hotel in adherence to policy and with cost reduction and profitability in mind.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to Purchasing Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with the purchasing of all goods and equipment required by the hotel.
- Supervise the purchase of correct goods and materials at a competitive price and proper quantities/volumes.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with regularly report on goods purchased and inventory levels so to allow for more effective future purchasing.
- Report all monthly savings to the hotel Team.
- Work with hotel management to improve the purchasing process as a way to reduce waste and improve profitability.
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel areas.
- Attend finance meetings, as required.
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required.
- Previous experience in a high volume Accounts function
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
- Good time management and organization skills
- Passion for providing an exceptional customer service experience
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.