PwC Academy - Sales Support - Associate
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC's Academy is looking for a candidate who thrives on dealing with people (of all grades) and who is organised and capable of maintaining focus on multiple projects at the same time. Knowledge of the Academy is preferable but not required, although the candidate will be expected to learn about these services quickly if appointed. This person will work closely with local and regional teams and perform a wide variety of operational activities.The candidate will work closely with the KSA Academy PQ head and perform a wide variety of sales support and lead generation activities.
- Advise / counsel queries relating to PQs including but not limited FIA, ACCA, CMA, CPA, CFA, CIPD, DipIFR, CIMA, ICAEW, PwC's Management. Development Programme and non-PQs (open courses) directing students to the best suited programmes.
- Support personnel for customer interaction, engagement and relationship building.
- Convert leads to registered students status as per the sales targets. Support the entire sales process from lead generation and negotiation, to closing
- Support Retail Sales:
* Incoming and outgoing calls to enquiries generated from marketing activities
* Walk in clients
* Cold calls
* Contacting old or unqualified leads
* Providing sales support
- Support sales and other promotional events including but not limited to open days, info sessions, workshops, field trips, student benefit sessions, School and University career fairs, exhibitions and social events to generate leads
- Communicating effectively with clients / customers, ensuring minimum response times
- Updating and maintaining CRM to ensure validity and completeness
- 1 to 3 years experience.
- Familiarity with Administrate or other CRM platforms will be a plus
- Intermediate user of CRMs, intermediate level of technical proficiency and computer literacy particularly with Word and Excel
Additional application instructions
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic skills
- Excellent administrative and organisation skills
- Experience with cold calling will be preferred
- Professional yet approachable manner.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Flexibility in working hours (evenings, weekends as and when required)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.