Job description / Role
We call ourselves "dreamers and doers" for a reason: we can make happen not just what is possible, but what is impossible. We are collaborating on fresh ideas and new solutions in our engine room of creativity and innovation. By becoming part of our team at NEOM, you will join other top talent in their fields from all over the world. These visionary minds and adventurous spirits were drawn by the chance to make history in creating a place of the future from the ground up.
The teacher will endorse and practice the philosophy, pedagogy (including environment, learning, teaching and assessment) research and innovation aspects of the Middle Years phase and will work as an active member of the team to ensure that the day to day running and development of learning at the NEOM Community School is carried out in accordance with the aims of the NEOM Education, Research and Innovation Sector. She/he will be accountable for upholding the aims and vision of the whole school in this phase and will support the work of the school in contributing to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Vision 2030.
• Plan and teach appropriate PYP/ MYP learning, including an emphasis on inquiry based, child initiated indoor and outdoor learning based on the PYP/ MYP Programme
• Work effectively in partnership with support staff to ensure consistency of learning for all children
• Observe children’s individual learning progress and outcomes during sessions, assess individual learning needs and use outcomes to inform planning for future learning
• Monitor and assure the quality of learning in the class group, identifying and supporting areas in need of development
• Maintain accurate records of children’s learning, progress and monitor their safety and well-being at all times
• Deploy high quality learning, teaching and interaction strategies when working with the children including the application of high-level questioning within a strategy for sustained, shared thinking to move children’s learning on
• Attend all appropriate professional training and development in accordance with the school’s needs and aspects identified as outcomes of annual appraisal discussions
• Prepare resources, manage and maintain the organisation of a high-quality learning space to support the curriculum and to match the needs of all children in the group
• Ensure that equipment in use is safe, hygienic and in a good state of repair
• Maintain up to date current knowledge regarding international Middle Years best practice and contribute to ongoing research and improvement in collaboration with the PYP/ MYP Team
• Participate in Extra Curricular Activities as required, at the discretion of the Head of School.
• Have a mature, responsible and positive disposition and be able to work flexibly as member of the whole school team under the direction of the Head of School and independently when required;
• Have sound understanding of the importance of children's learning and development in the PYP/ MYP and have the ability to identify and support staff in developing professional skills according to need
• Be open minded and willing to further their knowledge and development by attending training courses, sharing information gained with colleagues, and maintaining updated knowledge of international PYP/ MYP best practice by reading, researching and attending relevant training;
• Exemplify high standards in practice and provision at all times
• Have up to date knowledge of Health & Safety regulations with specific reference to children's wellbeing, learning and facilities
• Have up to date and practical knowledge of best practice in learning and play materials and techniques which encourage children to have respect for differences in academic ability, gender, cultural background, race and ethnicity
• B.ED/B.A in Early Childhood Studies/Education (or equivalent)
• MA/M.ED second degree or further relevant qualification
About the Company
NEOM is a bold and audacious dream. It is a vision of what a New Future might look like. It’s an attempt to do something that’s never been done before and it comes at a time when the world needs fresh thinking and new solutions. NEOM is being built on the Red Sea in northwest Saudi Arabia as a living laboratory – a place where entrepreneurship and innovation will chart the course for this New Future. NEOM will be a destination, a home for people who dream big and want to be part of building a new model for sustainable living, working and prospering.
NEOM will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. It will be the home and workplace for more than a million citizens from around the world.