Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for QA/QC Engineer to ensure the quality of the site installation is consistent with the Contractor’s policy requirements together with national and international standards and the Employer’s specification.
A typical week would include:
• Ensure that the (PQP) Project Quality Plan implementation by contractors, sub-contractors and Third-Parties verification is applied.
• Monitor Documents & Records of all the project activities.
• Supervise and monitor construction and development activities such as urgent site instructions , procedures, complying to project specifications, method statements, inspection of the monitoring and measuring devices, review all inspection and testing plans and related activities, follow up of non conforming items(NCR’s), field non conformity analysis, corrective and preventive actions.
• Verify the compliance with the approved quality management system requirements during evaluation and execution phases of (subcontractors, vendors, suppliers and manufacturers) prequalification’s and selection of these suppliers, vendors, manufacturers and subcontractors.
• Conduct site audit to verify the Quality Assurance/Quality Control implementation and to ensure its compliance with project specifications.
• Conduct inspection to confirm workmanship/materials used /products supply comply with project specified requirements and approvals.
• Ensure continuous improvement of project quality.
• Conduct QA/QC knowledge training whenever necessary to the Engineer project staff.
• Conduct QA/QC site weekly meetings with the QA/QC concerned personnel.
• Ensure all incoming and used materials on project’s working sites are inspected and incompliant as per the client.
• Attend monthly progress QA/QC meeting with the client’s Staff and give full cooperation/support to the client’s QA/QC representatives and coordinate with them/him on all quality matters.
• Verify and elaborate that the quality related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards.
• Inspect and make appraisal to the proposed Materials/Products Manufacturers and Independent Testing Laboratories to verify and evaluate the continuous compliance to project’s specifications and client specific requirements and to ensure their QA/QC plans and procedures are in compliance with the approved project SPQP.
• Perform additional site works not related to QA/QC activities but belongs to the client requisites /instructions works/matters such as utilities & services. Different sub contractor’s evaluation for special operations as NDRC non- destructive road crossing (Micro tunnelling, Directional drilling, Thrust boring, Auguring, Open Cut evaluations) and others etc.
• Review and comment on contractor/subcontractor/supplier Quality Control Plans/Inspection Test Plans and procedures.
• Monitor implementation of the QA/QC management systems at site.
• Coordinate quality inspections with the Contractor and all specialist suppliers.
• Manage procedures for receipt and inspection of materials.
• Oversee the field laboratory set-up and organization, maintenance and operation.
• Supervise staff assistants performing sampling and testing of materials.
• Coordinate with the Employer’s Representative on all quality matters.
• Verify that the quality related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards.
• Participate in site internal and external quality audits.
• Ensure all quality control documentation is compiled and completed for as-built handover.
• Assure all technical documents relative to site quality to be maintained with the current status.
• Witness necessary commissioning tests and check that all resulting documentation is being correctly prepared.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Landscape Engineering or relevant subject.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in similar capacity in major roads/bridges/civil infrastructure projects.
• Fluent in English & Arabic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.