QA/QC Manager Tunnel - Shotcrete
The Highfield Company
Job description / Role
What you will need to do:
* Reports directly to the Project Director, and maintain dedicated line of communication with the Corporate Quality Director on overall project quality related matters
* Manages and coordinates all quality activities on site, including assignment of quality personnel (QC Engineers, QC Inspectors, Document Controllers, and 3rd Party Testing/Inspection Company) to particular activities / work areas on site.
* Reviews and monitors the application of Project IMS Policies and Procedures applicable to the Quality Department at Project level.
* Develops the Project Quality Plan, and monitor its implementation through audit, management review, document reconciliation, inspection, test, other verification activities, and, discussion with the Project Management Team.
* Reporting the status of implementation of the Project Integrated Management System (IMS) at Project level to the Corporate Quality Manager and advise of any improvements / changes needed to improve its effectiveness.
* Monitors and records the Project QLT KPIs ( & Employer's) and identifies areas of concern
* Assess the raised Observations and NCRs, identifies trends, and proposes action plans
* Manages the Project team for the collection and recording of new KLL during the Project execution phase
* Identifies issues and potential or actual non-conformances and proposes corrective and preventive actions to the involved Project Dept. Heads
* Where needed, provides guidance, induction and training to site staff with respect to Quality Dept. aspects of the Integrated Management System (IMS)
* Assisting Project personnel to identify problems and potential or actual non-conformances and monitor the effectiveness of the correction, corrective and preventive actions undertaken.
* In conjunction with the Quality Director and Project Director, developing the Project Quality Dept. staffing and resource plan to ensure the timely provision of adequate resources and ensuring all aspects of the works are provided adequate coverage in terms of QC Engineers and QC Inspectors, and to advise of deficiencies
* Ensuring that all measuring and testing equipment under the control of the Quality Department are maintained in a good state of calibration and such records are available.
* Ensuring the preparation of quality documentation, including the review of construction documents for compliance with project quality requirements and the preparation of Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) for inclusion in Method Statements.
* Establishes the Daily Program of Inspection and Testing detailing the required inspections, tests and other verification activities.
* Maintains the site facility for filing quality records, and maintains document registers in connection with quality records.
* Develops and keeps up to date, the Project Quality Audit Schedule, and undertakes periodic audits of the Project Integrated Management System, including project disciplines, suppliers and subcontractors, and report findings to the Project Director and the Corporate Quality Director.
* Prepares Monthly Project Quality Reports for submission to the Corporate Quality Director and any other Project Quality Report required by the Contract to be submitted to the Employer via the Project Director.
* Liaises, attends meeting and maintains close contact with the Employer's quality representative regarding quality matters on site and/or as affecting the work.
* In conjunction with other members of the Project Management Team, determination, assemble and preparation of final document dossiers and record packages for submission as part of the final handover Project documentation.
What you will need to have:
* Western university graduate of Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
* At least 20 years of experience in related field.
* Proven experience, at similar position, in a railway or road tunnel project, constructed with the drill and blast method.
* Experience in Tunneling Projects, including use of Shotcrete.
What it is nice to have:
* Experience in large EPC contractor
* In KSA and having transferrable IQAMA
* Experience in major infrastructure projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or the wider MENA region.
About the Company
The Highfield Company is a specialist recruitment consultancy that focuses on the international construction and engineering industry sectors. With combined recruitment experience of more than 20 years, the directors have worked on technical and management positions at all levels, from Graduate to Executive, and for many of the Construction industry’s leading companies.
With experience of sourcing candidates for assignments in over 100 countries, The Highfield Company is perfectly equipped to service the needs and requirements of any construction, property or engineering based employer anywhere in the world. Our consultants are specialists in their designated disciplines, which include Building & Construction, Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, PQS & Cost Consultancy, Project Management, Consulting Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical and Facilities Management.