Job description / Role
Our client, a leading oil and gas organization is looking for a QC Engineer to be based in Dammam, Saudi Arabia who can start immediately. This role will be base in both the project site and the head office.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Determining product conformity to customer specification through independent inspection and tests in accordance with the Project Quality Plan.
- Identify nonconformity for rectification and assure final resolution.
- Appraise product quality in accordance with the Project Quality Plan and Inspection & Test Plan and determine
- Conformity and non-conformity. All inspection results need to be documented and if non-conformity exists, documentation shall be raised to establish corrective action.
- Ultimate responsible for QC inspection activities & Client approval of the fabricated item
- Prepares project Quality documentation in accordance with company policy, QMS and Client requirements for approval.
- Follow up on Inspection notification.
- Responsible for notification with Client on daily basis.
- Ensure compiling the documentation on timely basis, any issue to be advised.
- Provide weekly inspection status and progress to Fabrication Manager and Project Manager.
- Ensure Inspection stages are witnessed
- Maintain live punch point status on the server, follow up for close out.
- Observe if there are any to be highlighted on immediate basis and record them.
- Continuous follow up with vendor for Certification dossier.
- Liaise with Welding inspector and Quality supervisor for day to day work.
- Responsible for issuing the IRN & safeguarding of inspection documents / MTC’s.
- Carry out Internal audits and highlight the concerns to the management.
- Review of MTC’s, vendor documentation.
- Responsible to provide QC input on MR, TBE and PR as applicable
- Responsible for the completion of tasks in the minimum time and ensures that compliance to the project requirements
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice quality vision, procedures and improve operational performance
- Utilize the project execution model, carry out tasks given in accordance to the company policies, procedures, etc.
- Communicate, integrate and cooperate with other discipline to achieve the common goals
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Metallurgy Engineering discipline
- CSWIP 3.1 / AWS certified welding inspector.
- NACE Level-II or BGas Gr 2 certified inspector
- ASNT Level-II in RT, PT, MT, UT
- Experience in conducting internal audit
- Minimum 10 years experience in testing, inspecting from a Fabrication Company
- Strong written and verbal English communication
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.