Job description / Role
Our client are an international construction company that work within the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical sector. They have recently set up operations in the Saudi Arabia and are looking to hire a QHSE Manager for their Quality, Health, Safety & Environment department. Our client will be targeting construction projects valued up to USD 80m. The projects will include structural, mechanical, piping, civil, electrical and instrumentation services.
Your new role as a QHSE Manager
• To establish Quality & HSE objective including QHSE Policy and continually improving it.
• Establish and implement the Company’s IMS Management standards and maintain Quality Assurance Manual in view to IMS certification and re-certification.
• Report to the Managing Director
• Establish Quality & HSE audit program & schedule and perform the Quality & HSE Audit within the organization by a team of trained internal auditor. Report the QHSE Audit Results and publish HSE statistics and communicate to all management & personnel through MRM (Management Review Meeting).
• Lead Risk Assessment and ensure results are addressed as work is executed through by developing specific safety procedures with the Site team to identify specific risks and challenges.
• Organize and facilitate training, drills and exercises for emergency preparedness at the site (as required) and in office.
• Lead near miss, loss time, and accident investigations using Root Cause Analysis techniques to ensure close-out or recommendations to prevent recurrence and communicate results to the management & involved parties.
• Promote HSE related lessons learnt and exchange HSE information to Sub-Contractors and across Company with the goal of achieving higher HSE awareness & zero accident.
• Compliance of QHSE standards of clients
To be considered for the QHSE role, candidates will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree / Higher Diploma in Environment, Occupational Safety & Health or any Engineering from a recognized institution.
• A current relevant health and safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH /IOSH/ OSHA Certificate or equivalent).
• Having the competency in certification system (e.g. Lead Auditor – IMS system.)
• Having experience as QHSE Management System relevant position minimum 12 - 15 years.
• Experience in IMS - System
• Experience in senior positions in major contractor organizations, or operators or regulators, preferably in Saudi Arabia.
• Should have had deep involvement in various field development, operational arenas and in applying both process and QHSE principles.
• Strong safety behavior skills and ability to build this in the overall team and with contractors.
• Strong knowledge of quality & safety in theory and application.
• Knowledge of laws, legal codes, national & international code of contact in respect to QHSE matters.
• Should have relevant training in QHSE (KPA, JSA, Risk assessment, Environmental aspect assessment & their mitigation plans).
• Should have relevant training to use day to day Software.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HSE Manager - Site Based
Swisslinx Middle East
Ignite Search & Selection
Health and Safety Manager - Pipeline Construction
|Abu Dhabi||15 Jul|
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)