Job description / Role
Aquila Consulting are working in partnership with a Global Engineering Consultancy based on the incredible Alula project in KSA. They have an exciting opening for an HSE Manager within their Facilities Management team, responsible for the following:
• Develop, implement and manage QHSE policy, procedure and practice across all departments and sites.
• Ensure that policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, in order to maintain the integrity of the operational activities.
• Liaise as necessary with other organisations & operators and relevant authorities to ensure compliance with legal obligations and statutory requirements.
• Proper and timely assessment of risks and subsequent implementation of appropriate action and interventions.
• Provide appropriate and current information across the company & client requirement in respect of all QHSE policies, procedures and practices.
• Promote a culture of responsibility, compliance and continuous improvement for all aspects of QHSE.
• Develop and drive initiatives to minimise accidents and incidents.
• Manage requirements for all appropriate training, through in-house training or external providers/operators.
• Manage requirements for examinations, qualifications, registration and renewals where appropriate.
• Ensure that full training records are maintained.
• Set up, chair and maintain an operational HSEQ network and forum across all operators. stakeholders and departments.
• Encourage sharing of knowledge and best practice.
• Provide reports and audits for use by the organization and client, as required.
• Develop and implement quality management strategy and plans. Including resource, systems, timescales, financial systems, to support, contribute to and integrate within, the company's annual business plan and long-term strategy.
• Establish and implement a communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all departments & operators.
• Develop and maintain systems to measure performance against agreed standards.
• Monitor performance according to agreed standards and take action, where required, to improve performance standards and achieve goals.
• Liaise with clients and operators who were affected by quality issues.
• Liaise and co-operate with quality management and standards bodies, and work towards achievement of accreditations where appropriate (e.g., BSI (British Standards Institution), ISO 9001). Manage staff according to agreed standards (appraisals, discipline, training, development, etc.).
• NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health - UK) qualified or equivalent.
• Diploma/ Specialized qualification in Environmental Management/Sciences or Biosciences.
• Diploma in H&S Management.
• Professional Membership of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health -UK) or IIRSM (International Institute of Risk and Safety Management).
• Additional FM credentials from IFMA, BIFM or another relevant recognized association/institute.
• 7+ years of in-depth management experience in a similar role.
• Strong knowledge of FM services and/or technical, industrial background.
• Excellent time management skills and able work to strict deadlines.
• A proven track record of managing suppliers and sub-contractors.
• A proven track record of managing large team of multiple disciplines and across multiple locations Previous experience in the educational facilities sector is also valuable.
About the Company
Aquila Consulting is a Dubai based talent recruitment company established by individuals with unrivalled recruitment expertise in Global Search and Selection. We offer our clients a partner-centric, personalised, and mature approach to focusing and delivering on their international talent requirements.
What makes us stand out from the crowd is the rigor and passion we bring to the recruitment process. We offer unparalleled performance, transparency, and advocacy, taking the time to fully understand your organisational vision, culture, structure and leadership needs.
Aquila Consulting pride ourselves on seamlessly delivering the most efficient time and cost saving recruitment solution for your business.
QHSE Manager - Facilities Management
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||26 May|
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
HSE Manager - Construction - Immediate start
|Saudi Arabia||10 Feb|
Health and Safety Manager
|Saudi Arabia||6 Jun|
HSE Operations Manager
TGC Middle East