Job description / Role
The Quality & Operations Support - Senior Associate is part of the Quality & Operations team and operates across all lines of service.
The primary focus of the role will be conducting various activities for one key priority client of the Firm.
These activities include:
Conducting Engagement Compliance Reviews for all engagements for the priority client.
The Advisory Engagement Compliance Review ("ECR") programme is an annual programme designed to test compliance with Network Risk Management Policies ("NRMP") related to the performance of engagements.
ECRs are desktop reviews of engagement files aimed at ensuring that each Engagement Leader adheres to the 8 Global Risk & Quality standards.
In addition, the role requires monitoring and analysis of various risk statuses related to the engagements for the priority client.
Support in conducting Engagement Quality Reviews (EQRs) for the priority client.
EQRs are a process of review and feedback from three perspectives of engagements, Clent, People and Firm.
The Senior Associate will also be expected to support other quality, reporting and transformation initiatives undertaken by the Quality & Operations team throughout the year.
The objective of the Quality & Operations Team is to continually design, implement, provide ongoing support and management of ways in which the Firm can better, more proactively, manage delivery risk.
Increasing the quality of our delivery through bringing a distinctive level of quality experience to our Clients, the Firm and our People.
This typically involves process improvement initiatives, digital transformation and training delivery across the different LoS in the ME firm.
duties and responsibilities
- Engagement Compliance Reviews (ECRs) - Reviewer
- Carry out reviews in line with provided guidance and standards
- Identify gaps in information available and complete assessment checklist
- Support the ECRs Lead with tracking and reporting on status and progress of reviews
- Interact with client-facing teams or ECR facilitators to obtain clarifications and/or additional documentation as part of the review process and resolve gaps/queries
- Provide feedback and support with identifying areas for improvement in the current ECR process, particularly digital enhancements
- Support the reporting to various audiences as required, including the preparation of dashboards and reports
- Support the preparation or updating of guidance, training materials and broader communications on ECRs for internal and line of service staff
Priority client monitoring - Support
- Track and monitor engagements for the priority client
- Assess the risk statuses of each engagement for the client
- Provide notifications and support when various risk activities have expired and require updating
- Produce management information related to the priority client.
Engagement Quality Reviews - Support
- Support the project lead and reviewers in project managing and conducting the programme of reviews for the priority client
- Other digital and transformation initiatives - Support
- Be curious and forward thinking in identifying new ways of working, systems and process enhancements
- Support the Quality & Operations team in other initiatives planned for FY24 and going forward
Internal Process - Quality & Operations
- Be involved in various R&Q activities and new initiatives
- Identify areas of potential improvements in various R&Q policies and processes
- Participate in various ad hoc projects assigned by the CRO
- Adhere to the Quality & Operations budget
Learning & Growth
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Be proactive in oneself's Digital upskilling
- A professional or academic qualification (degree level or equivalent), or relevant and practical experience.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Arabic is advantageous
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in the Professional Services industry in a top tier Big 4 firm preferred
- Risk compliance or broader risk management experience
- Use of data analytics and data visualisation tools such as Power BI
- Client account management
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Risk averse/risk management skills
- Process oriented
- Organization skills
- Thoroughness and eye for detail
- Time management skills and proactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A conscientious, ambitious team player, with good self-management skills and an ability to take initiative.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.