Job description / Role
We are seeking an ambitious, talented, organized Quality Assurance Specialist, with a sound experience in bottled water manufacturing industries, and or in relevant industries of food and beverages and soft drinks to join our growing company. The overall responsibility of this position is to look after the Quality Management System of the water packaging sections to achieve targeted productivity with all quality & legal compliances within budget. To ensure plant operations proceed in accordance with the systems and procedures set and adhere to the production plans for the respective field. In this role, talent and efforts will be essential to the day-to-day operation and successful completion of exciting, high-profile QC duties, and certifications.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
1. To plan, manage and control the plant Quality Control function
2. Act as the QC Authority on accept/reject decisions for Raw materials / packing / Finished Goods and to regularly audit the production and Q.C. operations
3. Ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures and to co-ordinate and document a corrective action programs
4. Actively promotes and supports quality control management plan including the development of documentation, processes, and inspection protocols
5. Assist throughout the operation permitting and Certification (ISO HASAP, and etc.. of operation processes and local authorities requirements
6. Co-ordinate the Co- packers to drive Quality/ manufacturing/ safety Related Programs and MIS data reporting Maintain up to date specifications and procedures To ensure prompt attention of the management where areas of risk in the manufacturing / QC operations/ Safety which may have an adverse effect on product quality and/or food safety.
7. Handel consumer complaint analysis and CAPA generation People Development at co-packer location to achieve company objective.
4-year degree (Bachelor’s degree) Food Technology Graduate / Science graduate preferably from beverages background 3 to 5 years of experience in F&B industry, should have managed Contract Manufacture business Basic knowledge of food laws and commercial in Saudi / GCC
BSc. In Chemistry/other relevant disciplines, Candidates must have 2-3 years of relevant experience in bottled water / soft drinks making industry (or equivalent, preferably in bottled water manufacturing, soft drinks, food, and beverages industries) and at least 4 years' related work experience is required with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
1. Saudi / GCC work experience, in a reputable FMCG company
2. Proven supervisory ability and good knowledge of the best practices in the industry, Must be computer literate
3. Tertiary qualification in Food Science/Food Technology/Microbiology
4. 2 Years ‘experience in water soft drinks Manufacturing FMCG environment
5. 1 Years’ middle management experience
6. Outstanding communication (Arabic and English) skills
7. Paying close attention to detail, works accurately in a high pressured environment and a great problem solver as well as team leader
8. Practical application of technical skills
9. Prepared to work extra hours and weekends at short notice
10. Strong computer skills and communication skills
About the Company
A leading water & beverages company in Saudi Arabia.