Quality Control Manager
El-Khayyat Red Brick Manufacturing
Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
El Khayyat Cement Board Co. is looking for QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER:
Key member of the maintenance team which is responsible for repairs and maintenance for all machinery and equipment such as conveyor systems, hydraulic components, and much more.
"Manages and mentors laboratory technicians to ensure quality assurance and quality control of final product and the development of technicians by:
- Ensuring that lab technicians are complying with daily required testing methods including:
- Checking the Certificate of Analysis (COA) and testing critical properties of incoming raw materials including: silica, cement, pulp etc. to that the ensure materials meet the Company’s specifications;
- Testing intermediate process streams (testing during the manufacturing process) to ensure that the process is in control and will result in consistent finished products;
- Using mechanical testing techniques including: Three-point bending test, tensile strength test and visual inspections of the surface quality of outgoing product to test quality of the products.
- Maintaining and complying with the Company’s quality standards, third-party quality agencies.
- Filing quality records, maintaining Excel or Access databases to capture previously stated testing data, and acting as a custodian of tests, raw materials, and product specification manuals;
- Coaching technicians to ensure consistent performance.
- Providing internal and external technical training in statistical process control, quality specifications, quality systems, and customer expectations.
Trouble-shoots daily quality issues as they arise, by analyzing results of data collected from the aforementioned testing methods to solve and prevent future issues by:
- Performing root cause analysis on identified issues;
- Presenting findings from the analysis to the plant management team;
- Eliciting support and resources from the plant management team to find solutions;
- Implementing and monitoring all corrective action and communicating status to the plant management team;
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Field or Quality Management.
- 5 or more years of experience in a Quality Engineer or similar role.
- 3 or more years of management experience in a high volume fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Preferred with good knowledge of English
- Advanced knowledge in materials science, in particular cement and fibers
- Proficient with laboratory testing methods for incoming raw materials and finished products following EN and ASTM norms.
About the Company
Large, diversified group of companies, mainly into building materials, including 5000 tpd bricks and 1.5 million tpa cement. Highly export oriented and employing dynamic professionals, offering attractive career opportunities and performance rewards in an open, harmonious working atmosphere conducive to excellence. Accredited to ISO 9001:2000.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
GEA GRADE Refrigeration LLC