Job description / Role
Job Purpose & Scope:
- Responsible for developing, implementing and assuring Integrated Project Management Services (PMS) Program planning and execution for a major oil & gas company.
- Interface with the stakeholders in relation to Quality including inspection and engineering services.
- Develop, implement and assure Integrated PMS Program Procedure.
- Develop and maintain the following F+G quality procedures aligned with the Integrated PMS Program Procedure:
- PMS Project Execution and Control Plan
- PMS Quality Manual and Plan
- PMS Information Management Plan
- Establish and assure PMS Team interface and engagement protocols with GES+ Contractors
- Establish and assure PMS engineering review procedures and guidelines on quality of comments
- Assure Quality of PMS engineering comments database and reports functionality
- Establish Quality KPIs including Design Quality Index to measure performance of General Engineering Services Plus (GES+) Contractors design quality
- Facilitate assessment of poor quality design and issuance of Corrective Action Request (CAR) to GES+ Contractors
- Chair regular Quality Meeting between PMS design management team and GES+ Contractor quality and engineering management team
- Provide technical leadership to GES+ Contractors by providing recommendations to improve processes and procedures in undertaking Root Cause Analysis for issued CARs
- Facilitate PMS team witnessing of GES+ internal audits including corrective actions to provide independent feedback to further support GES+ quality improvement.
- Establish and facilitate validation requirements for design readiness reviews prior to critical project milestones including design package review submissions, and Value Improvement Workshops.
- Prepare and implement PMS Team Audits program to assure compliance to the Integrated PMS Program and F+G procedures.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
- Reporting to Design Coordinator
- Interface with PMS Team - engineering and administration
- GES+ Contractor engineering and quality management team
- A major oil & gas company project management team, quality representatives
- F+G regional quality representatives
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Authority to audit / monitor and maintain high standard of PMS execution activities based on the Integrated PMS Program and F+G procedures
- Responsible to champion and influencing good quality and engineering practices to support improvement in execution of major oil & gas projects
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in quality management working in the oil and gas industry or related Process Industries.
- Qualification/experience in the Quality Management and auditing.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of relevant international codes and standards.
- Ability to make independent judgments and decisions in the resolution of Quality issues.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).