Job description / Role
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sub-Contractor's Applications for payment: Sub-Contractor to Company. Independently re-measure and validate sub-contractor quantity and value progress measure claims and Applications for Payment, versus actual work completed and contractual unit rates.
• Maintain a rolling quantity and cost forecast by maintaining and updating the Contract Basis Bills of Quantity to reflect
- Approved sub-contractor claims
- Bill of Quantity updates issued by Construction Estimating Team for Issued for Construction engineering information addendums.
• Work with Construction Estimating to re-measure and estimate costs associated with Construction Change Orders (claims) and Addendums.
• EPC Applications for payment: Company to Client. Prepare detailed quantity and progress measure information necessary to support Company's invoicing of the Client.
• Feed quantity information to the Construction Planner for the purposes of quantity based progress measurement and schedule re-forecasting
• Work out estimated quantities for additional work scope instructed from field.
• Work with construction estimating to evaluate and analyse sub-contractor submissions associated with additional work scopes. Work with Contracts Engineer to negotiate with sub-contractor.
• 7-10 years relevant site based experience in cost management and quantity surveying role in industrial gases, oil & gas or related industry
• Team Player
• Strong communicator written and oral
• Organised, methodical and diligent
• Strong Microsoft software skills, particularly Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Engineering degree
• Lumpsum (LSTK) Oil & Gas projects
• Saudi Aramco experience is preferable
• Project controls experience (Planning and cost cost control)
• Contract and Subcontract experience
• Change and time related claims management
• Experience of working on camp based construction sites in remote Middle East locations
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.