Job description / Role
Responsible for post-award contracts administration quantity take-off of unit price pay items for the purpose of determining total contract price and payment to contractors. Emphasis will be on infrastructure: roads, utilities, sewers, etc.... not buildings.
Reports to Resident Construction Engineer and the SRCM, as well as interface and work closely with the concerned managers and construction engineers.
Major Activities Performed
• Provide a quantity surveying service across a range of projects.
• Keep a close eye on project finances and contractual relationships.
• Provide commercial support to the project team.
• Maintain commercial information and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and ensure that the project objectives are achieved.
• Ensure that the financial position of construction projects is accurately reported and controlled effectively.
• Carry out material quantity take-off from the design and shop drawings.
• Update the schedule of quantities and prices periodically, in order to verify that the available funds are sufficient for implementing the works elements that are indicated on the design and shop drawings.
• Prepare quantity and cost estimates for proposed additional work.
• Participate in negotiations with contractor that are associated with additional contract works and change orders.
• Participate in the review of contractor’s monthly progress and final invoices.
• Carry out on-site inspections to verify work accomplishments, if needed.
• Carry out Resident Construction Engineer (RCE) responsibilities when requested and during the absence of assigned RCE, for ensuring contractor’s compliance with the contract technical requirements.
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Law, Construction Management or equivalent with 10+ years of post-graduate experience in quantity surveying, civil construction and quantity take-off work.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Should be able to communicate effectively in English Language speaking, reading, writing.
• The right candidate will be participating in Saudi In Training Program.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Quantity Surveyor - Buildings
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||1 Mar|
Quantity Surveyor / Senior QS
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||21 Mar|
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Immediate Start
Senior Quantity Surveyor / Contract Administrator
|Saudi Arabia||10 Mar|