Job description / Role
About the Role
We are a global business involved in complex investigations combining risk advisory, investigative and disputes expertise to deliver holistic solutions for our clients.
The Construction Solutions team offers unparalleled expertise to help our clients resolve disputes, improve construction project delivery, and develop processes that ensure improved schedules and project financial performance. The practice consists of construction and engineering professionals who work on the largest projects around the world. Their services include Claims Advisory and Quantum and Delay Expert Witness Services, in support of major construction claims, and dispute resolution through ADR, Arbitration and Litigation.
Our KSA team is working on some of the most interesting and challenging projects in the world. The team is drawn from the Construction Industry and individually and collectively, we have experience of a wide variety of projects across Building, Civil Engineering, Oil and Gas, Power, Water, and Infrastructure, across EMEA and other locations globally.
What You'll Do
A Senior Consultant is responsible for investigation and analysis of issues related to disputes on large construction projects.
• Providing support to the Commission Lead or Expert Witness engaged in each matter.
• Interaction as required with lawyers, client personnel, other team members, and other professionals from other firms involved in the engagement.
• Organizing information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
• Maintaining detailed working records reflecting assumptions, methodologies, and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
• Working to deliver a quality product within established timeframes.
• Preparing draft written analyses and other reports in conjunction with the Commission Lead or Expert Witness.
How You'll Grow
• You’ll get the opportunity to develop your communication (written and verbal), mathematical and organizational skills.
• You’ll develop your interactional skills with senior construction and legal professionals.
• You’ll develop your knowledge and gain experience of ADR and formal dispute resolution procedures.
• You’ll develop your drafting and analytical skills, whilst experience a wide variety of construction and engineering projects across EMEA and others globally.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
• Competitive salary and bonus plans
• Full package of benefits
• Annual paid volunteer hours
• Corporate matching for charitable donations
• Potential for flexible working arrangements
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 5,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
• Bachelors or master’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying.
• 3-5+ years of related experience in the construction field.
• Familiarity with construction cost management.
• Knowledge on quantum claims and/or expert reports.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
• Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence, problem solving is essential.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, confident and impactful presenter.
• Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
• Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment to meet client’s needs.
• Ability to travel.
About the Company
FTI Consulting is an independent global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. Individually, each practice is a leader in its specific field, staffed with experts recognized for the depth of their knowledge and a track record of making an impact. Collectively, FTI Consulting offers a comprehensive suite of services designed to assist clients across the business cycle – from proactive risk management to the ability to respond rapidly to unexpected events and dynamic environments.