Job description / Role
Has responsibility for assisting with the development of reliability-based maintenance strategy, based on preventive and predictive maintenance for the product line equipment. Work directly with the Maintenance Manager to build a reliable system and maintenance team. Works with Repair and Maintenance Technicians to schedule workload. Primarily activity is at workshop, troubleshooting, repairing, refurbishing, implementing mandatory modifications and executing and/or planning preventive and corrective maintenance of field equipment and tools, helping to mitigate assets related non-productive time and improve overall field service delivery performance. He/she may be required to attend a client location to perform his/her duties whenever an R&M task is deemed necessary to carry over a field operation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
• Produce and Maintain an efficient system for the tracking of Equipment Usage, Inventory Control and Equipment Upgrades required or planned
• Ensure all current operating contracts are supported, and that the chain of support for any equipment/software problems they may encounter is in place and being implemented.
• Supply, in accordance with company reporting systems, monthly reports allowing efficient communication and accurate information pertaining to Inventory, purchases and equipment supply.
• Communicate effectively with both field operations and the regional service Supervisor through regular meetings / emails / telephone conversations, updating procedures and releasing information in a timely manner.
• Research / Development and Assist with technical feedback from trials of new techniques and activities in order to increase the local market and stay ahead of competition.
• Perform maintenance and or troubleshoot while in the field, communicate any needs resulting from these activities through the respective channels to the Local and Region Offices as required.
• Organizes all Technician Team Members daily roles and duties as per location demands
• Supervises the work of all technicians on the R&M service team, including processes, procedures, paperwork accuracy, safety, etc.
• Reports inventory and asset issues to R&M Supervisor
• Supply the Regional Technical Support with all necessary operational reports including Failure / Non-Conformance Reports, Inventory checks, and Engineer Visit status reports.
• Ensure all necessary documents are distributed for the optimum communication of Equipment
• Operating Procedures to local management and field crews. These may be in the form of Manuals, Checklists, Procedures etc
• Verify local field personnel competence levels with respect to equipment operation and maintenance, recommend training, and ensure performance evaluations of employees.
• Identify and report potential personnel problems and system anomalies.
• Assist in updating training records, experience etc.
• Coordinate with the Regional Technical Support Supervisor.
• Ensure the highest standard of quality assurance is applied for installation and service of equipment.
• Ensure these standards are maintained through all aspects of the operation, from refurbishment and restocking through to routine maintenance and repair
• Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
• Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
• Minimally 3-4+ years related experience
• 1+ year experience with WFT Wireline sampling tools
• High School diploma (or Secondary School Diploma or equivalent) as minimum.
• Preferred 2 years College degree
About the Company
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.