Job description / Role
Allied Health Professionals
Radiographer Cardiac Cath Lab
We are hiring for the #1 ranked hospital in The Middle East. Our client Hospital is a 985 bedded Magnet Accredited Tertiary referral Hospital. They are currently opening a further 300 beds on a phased basis.
Contact us today for an information and application pack. We will guide you through the recruitment and relocation process.
Position Title: Radiographer,Cardiac Cath Lab (Invasive)
Section: Invasive Cardiology Lab
Reporting To: Manager, Cardiac Cath Lab (Invasive)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To maximize radiation protection and reduce radiation dose to staff and patients through safe radiation practice, monitoring, and education.
- To evaluate, and operate all radiographic equipment in the Cardiac Cath Lab.
- To work effectively with patients and maintain a cooperative relationship with interdepartment personnel.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for the safe and appropriate use of radiographic equipment. Ensures all members of catheterization team observe radiation safety practice
- Achieves optimal image quality with the lowest dose parameters using the ALARA principle (As Low As Reasonably Achievable)
- Performs daily equipment checks and simple troubleshooting. Notifies the Senior Radiographer of malfunctions or need for repair and documents same
- Ensures that all equipment is properly maintained. Informs Senior Radiographer of safety hazards or need for repair/preventative maintenance
- Carries out catheterization procedures under direction of Cardiologist. Positions radiographic equipment correctly and adjusts magnification and collimation as per protocol
- Edits, archives, and retrieves patient images through the networking and media storage systems. Maintains the accuracy of the network through the workstations on a daily basis
- Collects and distributes radiation monitoring devices on a monthly basis. Distributes report findings to all staff and maintains a log book
- Responsible for annual cleaning and screening of radiation protection devices. Maintains a tracking system and documentation of same
- Ensures adequate level of supplies and materials, informs Senior Radiographer of reduction in supply inventory
- Assists in the training, education, and supervision of students, fellows and new staff members and evaluates their performance
- Assists with emergency resuscitation measures
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient
- Assists with research projects, program development, data collection, and other projects. Participate in departmental quality control and quality improvement programs
- Participates in staff meetings, in-services, continuing education and quality improvement programs
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Participates in self and other's education, training and development, as applicable. Approved
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Generous tax-free income.
- Lucrative benefits package to include free fully furnished accommodation, free healthcare, free flights and 54 days paid leave per year.
- Other benefits +++
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences or Two (2) years Certification from professional program in Radiation Technology / Radiological Sciences required.
- Registration by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists, or country of origin equivalent.
- Two (2) years' experience in clinical radiography including 1 year in Cath Lab/Angiography, digital imaging and network experience desired with Bachelor, or four (4) years of similar qualifications with Diploma required.
- Average Evaluation 4.3 for the last 4 years.
- Experience 4 years as a Radiographer, Cardiac Cath Lab (Invasive) for grade 8 at the KFSH&RC.
- 50 CME minimum.
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.