Job description / Role
Services Specialist is responsible for safely maintaining and repairing all BHGE equipment associated with the Well Control Equipment i.e. BOP, Diverter, Riser & Connectors at onshore & offshore. Services Specialist takes part in pre-planning and inspection / re-certification of onshore & offshore Annular & RAM BOPs & Offshore Diverters in compliance with company & regulatory procedures. Services specialist is also responsible for managing unplanned events for control systems, risers & dampeners
- Implement operation safety policy instructions and conduct field work in compliance with all EHS applicable regulations and employee safety practices
- Assembly, Disassembly, Inspection & Pressure testing of Blowout Preventer, Offshore Diverter system, Marine risers etc.
- Work order creation, job routing and coordination with cross-functional team in equipment repair.
- Ensure operational excellence in the areas of integrity, controllership, and compliance
- Lead and manage onshore / offshore FS activities planned and unplanned (rig down) events.
- Using detailed planning is responsible to estimate the number of days required in the field, parts required and to communicate the request to Customer Field Manager.
- Anticipate requirements beyond those that immediately affect the program and assist in implementing actions to satisfy those requirements
- Responsible to execute the Between Well Maintenance (BWM) schedule.
- Responsible to provide immediate response (24/7) and field support during emergency rig down situation.
- Responsible to actively update the BWM schedule daily regarding task accomplishments and variations to schedule. Identify, from schedule, daily critical path tasks and manage/execute appropriately.
- Responsible to provide the daily updated Field Service Schedule to BHGE field Management, Customer Scheduler, others as required.
- Review reported malfunctions and identify / analyze any undesirable trends & make recommendations on findings
- Conduct visual and dimensional inspection of equipment consistent with industry requirements/standards/methods.
- Capable of providing Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) service to customers by following GE Maintenance procedures
- Responsible for generating and delivering QA/QC reports for customers and for internal use.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 5 years of experience in a field services position)
- BOP & Diverter field inspection & certification skills
- 3+ years' experience in onshore & offshore field service role
- Strong Well Control System operational background and experience
- Capable to read Hydraulic schematics & engineering drawings
- Previous field inspection experience in well control equipment
- Possesses good knowledge & experience in NDE inspection (MT, PT & UT)
- Proficient in MS Office
- Possesses strong passion for ensuring voice of customer is included in solutions.
- Possesses prompt responsiveness and urgency in delivery during emergency 24/7.
- Strong clear-thinking abilities and ability to communicate effectively with customers, field service personnel and different functions within GE Organization.
- Ability to lead investigation & root cause analysis
- Good team player
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.