Job description / Role
Receiving Officer Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Check all incoming goods against delivery orders and invoices, food specifications and purchase records to ensure that the type, amount, price and quality of items received and ordered are correct.
- Update daily receiving in the Purchasing/Inventory system and generate a Daily Receiving report for food, beverage, non-food, and beverage on a timely basis.
- Ensure all goods received are delivered to the correct storage place/holding area.
- Maintain the highest level of business integrity in dealing with vendors and delivery persons.
- Ensure all local and corporate policies, rules, internal controls and procedures and safeguards as they relate to the Purchasing Department are complied with.
- Understand quality standards of the hotel.
- Ensure that all non-food and beverage deliveries coincide with an approved purchase order. All deliveries without purchase orders must be investigated and mostly rejected.
- Maintain an up-to-date file of the receiving copy of all approved purchase orders. All purchase orders must clearly state the status of delivery (i.e., open, or partial).
- Inspect the physical condition, check quality and count or measure the quantity and weight of all items or supplies at the time they are received and before they are placed in storage.
- Inspect food quality at receiving. Anything questionable must be approved by the Executive Chef or his delegate or the Purchasing Supervisor.
- Accept delivery of engineering, retail, spa and flowers and other specialty items and contact originating department for verification and inspection of goods.
- Ensure all deliveries are received at the designated receiving area only.
- Ensure all invoices and/or packing slips are stamped with the appropriate receiving stamp upon delivery.
- Request for credit is filled out for any items refused or damaged and signed by the driver and Receiver and entered on Receiving Report.
- Ensure that all Receiving Reports inclusive of food, beverage, non-food, and beverage are done daily on a timely basis.
- Update electronic Purchase Order System and post all invoices into computerized Inventory system and/or Accounts Payable system.
- Check all postings against Edit Report prior to generating the Daily Receiving Report.
- Ensure that all food and beverage deliveries are received in conjunction with the order forms.
- Check and match receiving documents to electronic purchase orders daily to verify price quotations and report any discrepancies to the Director of Purchasing.
- Assist as necessary with all month end, quarterly or annual inventories of food, beverage, operating equipment and supplies.
- Work together with other Purchasing/Storeroom staff to assure smooth transition of receiving to storage.
- Ensure loading dock and receiving areas are kept secure, clean and organized.
- At all times, comply with food hygiene standards.
- Conduct temperature recordings of vendor chiller trucks, chilled and frozen food.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned
- This vacancy is for Saudi Nationals
- Good communication in English.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with cross-functional teams, vendors, contractors, etc..
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.