Job description / Role
We require a Receptionist to assist with the provision of a successful and proactive Administration function for part of the Atkins Middle East business.
- Responsible for the reception area and making sure it is free from obstruction and welcoming to clients
- Responsible for answering the switch board. Receiving calls and making sure they are passed to individuals promptly. If these individuals are not available, advising the caller and asking to take a message or call back
- Responsible for sending and receiving all couriers and liaising with courier companies
- Taking conference room bookings and coordinating on a daily basis. Advising the person concerned if there are any changes to be made
- Breakdown of international telephone calls and calculating telephone analysis
- Faxing documents for all members of staff as and when requested
- Updating telephone lists and circulating to members of staff
- Flight & Hotel bookings for visitors and guests
- Other duties as requested from time to time
- Preferably diploma qualified
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Strong communication skills in both English and Arabic
- Previous experience in consultancy / construction firm advantageous
- Conduct themselves professionally at all times and work seamlessly with ones colleagues
- Excellent inter-personal & communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Able to act on own initiative and operate in a proactive way
Salary & Benefits
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979. In July 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC Lavalin and so it is now part of larger global group that can support the full range of project delivery, from inception to construction and final operation.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).