Job description / Role
1. Prepare for the completeness of recovery room, materials and equipment according to the standard of practice.
2. Check for functioning of suction machines, lighting and other equipment’s are in a working condition.
3. Damp dust all recovery room surfaces and equipment.
4. Note the time of arrival on receiving the patient.
5. Assess air exchange status, color of the patient and attach pulse oximeter.
6. Administer oxygen therapy via mask until discharge from recovery room unless contraindicated by the Anesthetist:
Adult: 5 liter per minute
Children up to 12 years: 2 LPM
7. Connect patient to all necessary hemodynamic monitoring equipment
8. Receive a verbal complete handing over report about patient’s operation from the respective OR personnel.
9. Confirmed patient’s identification with OR personnel and patient’s identification band.
10. Check all patient's documents for completion upon receiving patient from OR.
11. Assess the level of patient's consciousness.
12. Assess for any complain of pain from patient.
13. Monitor the patient’s vital signs every 5 minutes.
14. Observe any signs of bleeding from wound sites and drainage tube.
15. Administer medication as per Anesthetist orders and record accordingly.
16. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and procedure
17. Ensure patient is in comfortable position and as according to anesthetist and surgeon's order: Supine position for patient with epidural catheters.
18. Carry out post-operative orders such as IV fluids or blood transfusion as ordered and provide the necessary care for IV therapy.
19. Notify Anesthetist or surgeon concern of any significant changes in patient’s condition
20. Determine patient readiness for discharge as per standard of practice and inform Anesthetist.
21. Inform respective ward to fetch patient after Anesthetist’s approval
22. Check availability of patient’s documents with patient’s operation notes written up.
23. Demonstrates the ability to perform all aspects of clinical patient care.
24. Evaluates patients’ developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served.
25. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies.
26. Follows isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, and performs hand washing according to policy.
27. Demonstrates awareness of hazards which may endanger patients.
1. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
2. Diploma in Nursing or Bachelor’s degree in nursing
3. Recovery Room Nurse is certified as registered nurses (RNs).
1. Recommend that the R.R nurse maintain certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
2. R.R nurse who administer moderate sedation or monitor patients under local anesthetic must be certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
3. To attend any in-service educational programs as assigned.
1. Minimum of one (3) year Recovery Room /OR experience
2. Prefer a minimum of three years of professional related nursing experience in a clinical or hospital setting
3. Knowledge is mandatory of ART operating room techniques and management.
4. Experience with cardiac and hemo-dynamic monitoring.
1. Current and valid Registered Nurse license. (MOH-SCFHS)
2. Certified Nurse, Operating Room preferred.
3. Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, certification within one year of employment.
About the Company
A Leading Medical Center in Saudi Arabia.