Job description / Role
Regional Engineering Manager - KSA & Bahrain
Reporting into the Regional Director KSA and Bahrain, the Regional Engineering Manager - KSA & Bahrain, will support the regional and country management team by taking overall responsibility for the engineering function within the region. The job holder will strive to continually improve our customer experience whilst ensuring technical compliance. The role will be split into two areas of primary responsibility:
KSA: Full responsibility for the day-to-day running of the KSA engineering department (including but not limited to depot engineering, mobile engineering, 3rd party services and operations)
The Service Manager will lead the team of Service Engineers to ensure operational, technical and financial performance targets are met for their assigned depot and operational focus.
This will include service improvement and any associated financial budgetary oversight while constantly seeking improvements to drive operational excellence. The role holder will also develop and implement plans to ensure that projects and repairs are delivered on time and on budget.
The Service Manager will also play an active part in strengthen our existing customer relationships by providing expert advice and servicing their customers to an extremely high standard. They will also support the wider business teams by identifying opportunities for additional, repeat or new business.
Within the 3rd Party Maintenance business the Service Manager will provide guidance on pricing and service level requirements to ensure the business achieves its profitability and SLA targets. They will ensure required performance trackers are completed measuring utilisation and costs.
This is a hands-on role working on a variety of powered access equipment working on site and off site. It is based in the depot but will also require travel to sites when required.
Bahrain: To provide support to the Region and oversight of the in-country Service Manager
To provide support in all aspects of the Engineering function, and improving the quality and reliability of the fleet, sharing best practice and providing leadership and support the country’s engineering team.
Responsible for ensuring engineering systems, process and operating procedures are aligned and in compliance with Group requirements – safe, effective, efficient and compliant with all local territory statutes. Working closely with Country Service Managers/Coordinators across the GCC to maintain and enhance the standards of quality engineering and reliability set by the Group Executive.
As the central facilitator for technical engineering in the KSA and Bahrain region you will provide support and guidance for the technical discipline across both countries. As a key member of the Middle East Technical Forum you will support the long-term technical strategy of Rapid.
You will support advancing the proposition we can offer our customers in terms of service quality and technical capability. You will ensure accurate data capture and providing reports on engineering performance and bespoke reports as required.
- Provide Technical/Engineering leadership and support across KSA & Bahrain striving to continually improve our customer experience while ensuring Engineering Quality Management Systems are adhered to.
- Lead the KSA & Bahrain regional Technical Services function, ensuring that customers receive the best possible response and the Management Information (MI) output is accurate and relevant
- Be an ambassador for Health & Safety and to ensure compliance for quality, health and safety relating to engineering in coordination with the local county leads
- Develop and lead regional strategies to reduce machines under repair, improve PDI’s & drive down <3 day breakdowns
- Produce appropriate reporting for the KSA & Bahrain Regional Director on pre-agreed Key Performance Indicators for engineering technical function
- Assist members of the sales team on visits relating to service levels, technical enquiries etc.
- Ensure workshop QHSE Standards are met within the region
- Ensure all Engineering function Human Resources issues are resolved in line with Rapid guidelines
- To ensure availability, quality, reliability and appearance of fleet is within company guidelines
- Work alongside the KSA & Bahrain regional teams to ensure customer engineering/reliability issues are dealt with
- Responsible for the prioritising of regional repairs to maximise regional machine availability
- Provide technical support and advice to the depot CI Champion, relating to the depot CI processes, individual costs etc
- Work with UAE & Oman regional teams on improving poor performing areas
- Record and report on all Accidents & Incidents at a KSA & Bahrain regional level
- Support and identify training and development needs of all engineering staff within the KSA & Bahrain region and ensure provision of training and development in line with achievement of individual, depot and corporate objectives in accordance with management systems and Health and Safety Procedures
- Ensure that effective induction training takes place in accordance with Company procedures
- Conduct monthly workshop reviews with the Foreman or Service Manager & Country Managers
- Interviewing of potential new engineering staff as required
- Management of engineering staff role changes as required
- Instigate performance management plans and staff grievances and disciplinary action as required
- Ensure that plans are in place to cover periods of staff absence
- Provide practical advice and hands on support ensuring best practice is shared and adopted
- Monitor Depot and KSA & Bahrain regional performance against agreed Company Key Performance Indicators and support Depot achievement
- Ensure all workshop processes conform to the Company Service, Tech X and Maintenance Policy
- Contribute to defining and implementing best practice systems and processes
- Assist in the implementation of new engineering software systems
- Responsible for KSA & Bahrain regional spares & repairs cost budget
- Set the standards of ethics, behaviour and attitude required in the workforce by demonstrating management best practice and commitment to company values.
In addition to the above the Job Holder shall carry out any other duties as are deemed necessary to carry out the role.
- Must have at least 2-3 years experience as a Senior/Foreman Service Engineer
- Passionate about customer service and health & safety standards within the organisation
- Must be fully conversant with Health & Safety legislation
- Have an IOSH Managing Safely certificate or a H&S equivalent qualification
- A good communicator, with the ability to listen to the concerns of the engineering staff
- The individual will need to demonstrate a professional approach to the management of the engineering team in order to deliver an effective level of customer satisfaction that successfully retains and builds business
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate highly effective engineering skills with hydraulics, pneumatics and diesel engines
- Must be a confident self starter
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and works well under pressure
- Formally qualified in an Engineering discipline and/or demonstrates technical knowledge and experience relevant to the role
- Strong communication & influencing skills and an orientation for customer focus and teamwork are crucial attributes for this role
- The ability to navigate a very dynamic and potentially volatile business environment
- Able to assess the technical capability of engineering staff
- Previous experience of utilising structured engineering planning & scheduling to drive efficiency with a dispersed workforce and fleet of mobile equipment desirable
- Excellent analytical ability and use of data to develop tactical responses for asset management and equipment reliability
- Ability to prioritise and maintain deadlines
- Excellent upward and downward communication skills and the ability to connect with all levels of the organisation
- Essential to have good working knowledge of powered access equipment.
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe’s largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP’s (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
- Steel Erection and construction
- Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
- Industrial and building maintenance
- Signage and Events
- Outside Broadcasting
- Telecommunications maintenance
- Facilities Management
- Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy ’’Your success is ours’’.