Job description / Role
Regional Manager – Kanoo Shipping Eastern Province (Saudi National)
The main purpose of this role is to manage all aspects of Kanoo Shipping’s business in KSA Eastern Province with full responsibility for achieving budgeted P&L and meeting all commercial and operational KPIs.
- Take personal responsibility for high-level Business Development in KSA EP.
- Carry out market research and obtain information that can be used as basis for strategic business decisions and / or identifying new business opportunities, revenue streams
- Analyse customer’s requirements, market trends and data to plan and develop a short and long term Strategic Business Plan to capture sizeable market share in KSA EP
- Represent the organization and principal in order to develop / enhance partnerships / business relationships with both potential and current customers for the best interest of Kanoo Shipping
- Represent the organization in order to develop / enhance a senior level relationship/contact with government agencies relevant to Kanoo Shipping/Logistics KSA & BAH operations.
- Build and maintain an effective network of local contacts within shipping/logistics and related industries
- Ensure in-house and principal Key Performance Indicator targets are achieved.
- Carry out monthly reviews and implement effective corrective actions when required.
- Ensure maximum level of profits, operational output and customer satisfaction is achieved while optimizing resource utilization
- Ensure the effective management of the interface between Commercial, Operations and Finance (e.g. credit, vendors etc.) and support to other Kanoo Group divisions in the Middle East / joint ventures where possible/cost efficient (e.g. forwarding information on possible business leads, utilization of other division services, etc)
- Responsible for the effective implementation / compliance of Management Requirements as per Kanoo Group’s Operational / Quality / HSSE / IA / Compliance / Code of Conduct Procedures and Policies.
- Responsible for providing leadership and overall management supervision and development of Kanoo Shipping EP Branches– KSA having activities covering husbandry, crew care, vessel/cargo documentation/clearing, line/principal commercial representation, vessel loading/discharging supervision, disbursements, excluding offshore and other shipping agency related services in KSA
- Work with Divisional CEO/CFO to develop and produce annual budget in accordance with the company, industry and business requirements under the direction of Divisional CEO and EXCOM.
- Responsible for the P&L of Kanoo Shipping KSA EP and for the delivery of Annual Budgets by means of business growth, development and continual improvement of the organization ensuring capability of handling current and future market requirements effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for day-to-day performance in all aspects of the business by directing frontline managers in all EP offices to ensure appropriate planning and execution is carried out to meet principal/master/shipper/consignee’s requirements
- Work with Saudi Management team, Divisional CCO/COO/CEO to develop a long-term strategic, commercial and operational requirement plan for Kanoo Shipping in Saudi Arabia that incorporates effective staff development (e.g. localisation, recruitment & succession/career planning), and changes in demographic that could affect our Division.
- Saudi National Requirement is must.
- 10-15 years experience in Shipping industry. Preferably in Agency or closely linked business.
- Extensive executive-level management & Shipping Industry experience.
- Should have excellent understanding of Ship Agency Business and International Maritime Business, Commercial Attitude, understanding of local/national rules and regulations concerning Shipping, strategic and opportunist thinker.
- Must possess strong financial analyses skills, including detailed discounted cash flow analysis utilizing financial systems, Excel or similar programs, and demonstrated ability to analyze and implement complex financial models and structures and evaluation of corresponding risks.
- Highly effective communication, presentation and listening abilities are essential for navigating company investment/development opportunities through the multitude of public and private steps for successful completion of economic goals and objectives.
- Must have robust interpersonal skills, social intelligence and political acumen.
- Strong visionary with proven entrepreneurial mindset.
- Political awareness, professional expertise, financial orientation, self-starting initiative, cross cultural awareness, organization astuteness and team spirit.
- Ability to select, develop and motivate necessary management talent to maintain the company's overall objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as leadership, communication, persuasion, motivation, loyalty, and openness.
- Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
- Should be detail oriented Organize and Independent.
About the Company
Established in 1890, Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo) started from a humble trading and shipping enterprise founded in Bahrain by Haji Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo. From Bahrain, the business spread to Saudi Arabia in the 1930s.
In 1967, Hamed Kanoo came from Saudi Arabia to the UAE to expand the family business. Having successfully established Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo)'s operations in Khafji in the Kingdom, the company asked him to replicate the same in UAE too. With only 5 people including him, Hamed Kanoo managed to put-up The Kanoo Group as a trade name in the UAE Map. At present, The Kanoo Group operates in UAE and Oman. Mishal Hamed Kanoo serves as the Chairman, with over 1,200 employees working for its divisions.
The Kanoo family remained true to their early values. This adherence to ethics and beliefs made them an essential component of the regional business life.
One of the first industries that Kanoo excelled at was shipping. No one could have predicted that it would challenge the monopoly of long established British companies and goes on to become the largest regional shipping agency in the Middle East. Kanoo Shipping is one of the founders of S5 Agency World Ltd. and was the first Arab shipping agency in the region in 1911. At present, Kanoo Shipping operates in 20 countries and in all principal ports and offshore tanker loading terminals around the Arabian Peninsula, including Iraq. It handles 11,000 port calls every year which covers all ports in the Suez to India range.
The historic rise of Kanoo Travel has proven similarly impressive. The group's interest in travel started in 1937 when the company used to provide refueling facilities for Imperial Airline sea-planes en route to India and Australia. In 1947, Kanoo Travel became the first IATA agency in the Gulf and became the very first travel company in the Middle East to receive the ISO certification in 1997.
The Group's another success story began in mid-1960s. Kanoo Machinery used to supply construction and material handling equipment in the region. At that time, the UAE was just setting up its oil and gas industry and developing its infrastructure. By providing the government and private sectors with world-class equipment and services, Kanoo Machinery helped lay down the foundations of the vital sectors of UAE's economy.
Today for over 130 years, the company is amongst the most diversified and highly regarded business houses in the Gulf region and operates extensively throughout Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen and Qatar. It has unremittingly grown its realm of businesses into various industries in shipping, travel, machinery, logistics, property, energy (oil & gas, power, water) industrial chemicals, training, joint ventures, retail, and commercial activities.
Deputy Managing Director
A Leading Group In Saudi Arabia
Deputy General Manager (Saudi National)
Ignite Search & Selection
Director of Facilities Management
|Saudi Arabia||28 Feb|