Job description / Role
Registered Landscape Architect Opportunity – Jazan, Saudi Arabia
• Provides landscape and hardscape architectural design and technical input to O&M’s projects and programs.
• Coordinates and provide design as major activities on landscape and hardscape architectural across other RC Departments.
• Prepares technical specifications and scope of work descriptions relating to design, material palettes (hard and soft-scape, planting palettes and irrigation schedules.
• Prepares Requests for Proposal (RFP) documents for landscape and hardscape design concepts.
• Provides technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences as required.
• Reviews A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, and calculations submittals, coordinates with the work of other disciplines and prepare written reports and review comments.
• Performs field inspections and provides professional field support as necessary during construction and maintenance phases.
• Prepares technical correspondence, reports, and studies, along with presentation to Senior Management.
• Provides landscape and hardscape architectural design solutions and prepares such design and technical packages for delivery either internally or externally through RC contractors.
• Make frequent site visits, provide technical assistance and report/resolve construction issues in a cost-effective manner.
USD 10,000 to 15,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: full benefits, free family or single Western accommodations, relocation, monthly expat allowance and other benefits typical with working for a major American firm overseas.
• Western nationality
• Aged not over 55 (due to Visa restrictions)
• Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or similar from western university
• Minimum of 10 years’ post-graduate professional experience.
• A minimum of 5 years’ construction experience related to delivering landscape projects as part of large-scale community-based development projects.
• Practical experience with Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) and other landscape innovation practices in arid environments.
• Chartered membership/registration with a western Landscape Architectural Institution required.
• Corporate (full professional) membership highly desirable.
• A minimum of 3-5 years working professional experience in Gulf Countries preferred.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Ability to present complex information to senior management and diverse audiences, both verbally and graphically
• Preparing and presenting feasibility reports and design proposals.
• Proficient in Autodesk CAD and Autodesk 3D Civil
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications such as: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Creative Suite and 3D illustrating software such as 3D Studio Max, Professional Sketchup and Lumion etc.
• In depth working knowledge of best landscape practice and landscape standards.
• Experienced in detailed design, design materials, irrigation, planting design and the application of street furniture, way finding signage, external lighting design and water features, etc.
• Experience in painting systems and other coating systems for Outdoor structures (wood, metal, concrete etc.)
• Knowledge of general zoning regulations and landscape criteria.
• Knowledge of design and construction management principles, construction techniques, Standards and practices.
• Ability to independently evaluate, select and modify standard landscape architectural
• Techniques, procedures and criteria.
• The Landscape Architect position is a design and technical position responsible for the Operation & Maintenance Department’s (O&M) landscape activities in Jazan.
• The position provides design and technical advice to O&M on all landscape related strategy and project matters.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.