Job description / Role
Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery Rooms
Nursing and Midwifery
Unit Name:Labour and Delievery (L&D)
Obstetric patients> 20 weeks gestation normal and high risk obstetrics
Hours of Operation: 24 hours/7 days per week
Number of Beds:
(27) Assessment/Triage Beds and high risk induction beds
(11) Delivery Rooms
(2) Operating Rooms
(3) Post Anesthesia Care beds
(2) Neonatal Resuscitation Beds
(4) Induction Rooms (Located in Ward 2)
Primary Patient Diagnoses
Antenatal, Intrapartum and postpartum patients low or high risk pregnancies with or without comorbidities; including Diabetes, PIH, HELLP Syndrome, Multiple gestation,Preterm Labor, Laboring Patients with or without pathological conditions e.g.,Cardiac, Renal, Neurological, Metabolic etc.
• Routine and Emergency Patient Care
• Triage of Obstetrics cases
• Adult Physical Assessment and Obstetrical assessments
• Fetal Surveillance
• Management of high risk and low risk laboring patient
• Induction (Prostin) / Augmentation of labor (Syntocinon)
• Trial of Labour after Caesarean Section (TOLAC)
• Newborn; initial assessment, resuscitation, breastfeeding and bonding, and care
• Pre and Post-operative care and recovery for caesarian sections and minor
• Care of preterm labor
• Care of severe PIH (Pre-Eclampsia)
• High Risk Medication Administration
• Venous Thrombosis Prophylaxis
• Urinary Catheter Insertion
• Falls Prevention Programme
• Pressure Ulcer Prevention
• Pain Management (Entonox, Intramuscular, Epidural)
• Patient and Family Education
• Generous Tax-Free Salary. Each case individually negotiated.
• Calculated for years of experience and for postgraduate education.
• One-year renewable contract. If you renew for the second year, you will receive one month salary as a recontracting bonus.
• Holidays: 61 days paid leave per year. ( Annual leave and public
• Return flight to your nearest international airport (Point of Hire) at beginning and end of the contract.
• Midyear ticket to your point of hire.
• Free fully furnished western accommodation.
• Free healthcare.
• Recreation centres at all hospitals free of charge.
• Free utilities. Cable TV available with up to 250 channels.
• High-speed internet.
• Registered Nurse with current Nursing license - E
• Diploma in Nursing (Western standard) - Essential
• Two (2) years current clinical experience in specific area of practice - E
• Specific Certification as Required in area of assignment - E
• English Language Skills: Level 1- E
• Computer Skills: Proficient - E
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.