Job description / Role
• Reports To: Head Nurse or as assigned
• UNIT DESCRIPTION:CARDIAC SURGICAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (CSICU)
• NO. OF BEDS:7
• NURSE/PATIENT RATIO:1:1
SCOPE OF SERVICE:
• The Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care Unit (CSICU) provides nursing care for adult and pediatric patients requiring intensive and acute care for the patient population requiring treatment of cardiac or thoracic problems. The population includes patients requiring or having previously had surgery on the organs of the thoracic cavity, including the heart, lungs or the great vessels. Other service patients requiring ICU, cardiac monitoring or other nursing services are admitted, as beds are available. The common surgical procedures include:
• Congenital Cardiac Defect Repairs
• Valve Repair and/ or replacement
• Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
• Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair
• Heart and/or Lung Transplant
• Use of nursing process: assessment, planning, interventions and evaluation
• Continuous nursing assessment and evaluation of the patient's physical and emotional needs and corresponding therapeutic interventions
• Invasive hemodynamic monitoring e.g. Arterial, CVP, PA and LA
• Continuous cardiac monitoring with dysrhythmia interpretation
• Therapeutic modalities including chest tube maintenance, temporary external pacing, permanent invasive pacing, ventilator support, and emergency resuscitation including defibrillation/ cardio-version. Management of intra-aortic balloon pump and assist in management of ECMO
• Medication delivery and pharmalogical interventions including; intravenous vasoactive, inotrope and antiarrhythmic drugs. Anticoagulation and immunosuppressive therapy
• Blood and blood product administration
• Management of artificial airways and mechanically ventilated patients
• Oxygen therapy and pulse oximetry
• Maintenance of skin integrity
• Nutritional support (enteral feeding, TPN and patients weighs)
• Psychosocial and emotional support for patient and family
• Infection control and safety management
• Tax free salary:
• We can advise on application as we need to know The Country where you obtained your qualifications, where you are currently working, years of post graduate experience, if you have any post graduate courses etc.
• Sign on bonus: USD $2500 for one year and $5000 for two years.
• Airline Tickets: You will be entitled to both Initial Hire and Repatriation tickets to and from your point of origin. In addition, each year if you are there for more than 1 year you will be entitled to a free round-trip annual leave ticket to your point of origin.
• Service year bonus: One month salary on completion of year two and yearly thereafter paid at the end of each contract year.
• End of contract bonus: This is a one-time payment made upon your final departure from the Hospital and is accrued throughout your tenure within the Hospital. Severance pay accrues at a rate of 15 days. pay for each of your first four years and 30 days. pay for the fifth and subsequent years.
Vacation/ Annual leave: 54 days/year is divided as follows:
• 36 days paid annual leave (accrued 3 days/month)
• 17 days annual paid holidays (07 Eid AI-ftr & 10 Haj Holidays)
• 1 day paid National holiday.
• Free Housing: Free fully furnished hospital housing or a housing allowance. All utilities are paid by the hospital with the exception of your personal telephone calls, cable TV and internet access in the home.
• Medical and Dental Treatment: You are entitled to Medical Care through the Family Medicine Department. Dental Treatment is on an emergency basis only.
• Recreational Facilities:
• The hospital has a number of recreational facilities open to you, including swimming pools, tennis courts, a bowling alley and amenities centre. In addition, the Employee Social Club & Recreation Services offer a number of recreational courses, exercise programs and trips and a variety of other benefits to the employees. There are numerous Western companies in Jeddah with thousands of expats.
• Bachelor in Nursing Science or Registered Nurse with current licensure from country of origin
• Current 2 years clinical experience in Cardiovascular Critical Care setting. Experience and exposure in adult and pediatric cardiac surgery is preferred
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.