Job description / Role
UNIT DESCRIPTION: CARDIOVASCULAR TELEMETRY UNIT (CVT)
• NO. OF BEDS:37
• Special considerations Day charge will not have direct care patients. Night charge will have a two (2) patient maximum
SCOPE OF SERVICE:
• CVT serves all adult and pediatric cardiology and cardiac surgery patients from 7 days of age who meet the Unit admission criteria. CVT provides comprehensive nursing care for stable patients requiring care for a condition, which is usually cardiac in origin.
The most common conditions are:
• Post myocardial infarc
• Congestive heart failure
• Cardiomyopathy admitted for heart transplant work up
• Unstable angina
• Recurrent dysrhythmias
• Various forms of cardiovascular and thoracic surgeries
• Adult and pediatric patients with congenital heart diseases
FREQUENT PROCEDURES / SERVICES / FUNCTIONS:
• Use of nursing process: assessment, planning, interventions, and evaluation.
• Continuous telemetry monitoring with dysrhythmia interpretation and treatment.
• Continuous nursing assessments and evaluations of patient's physical and emotional needs and corresponding therapeutic interventions.
• Therapeutic modalities including chest tube maintenance/insertion and removal, temporary external pacing, permanent pacing, sheath removal, emergency resuscitation and defibrillation.
• Therapeutic modalities for coronary interventions such as cardiac catheterization, angioplasties, rotablations etc.
• Medication delivery and pharmacological interventions including IV vasoactive and antidysrhythmic drugs, anticoagulation, and immuno-suppressive therapy.
• Blood products administration.
• Oxygen therapy and pulse oximetry.
• Infection control and safety management.
• Nutritional support
• Diagnostic procedures include electrophysiological studies, coronary angiographies and echocardiography.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
• 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Tax free salary:
• We can advise on application as we need to know The Country where you obtained your qualifications, where you are currently working, years of post graduate experience, if you have any post graduate courses etc.
• Sign on bonus: USD $2500 for one year and $5000 for two years.
• Airline Tickets: You will be entitled to both Initial Hire and Repatriation tickets to and from your point of origin. In addition, each year if you are there for more than 1 year you will be entitled to a free round-trip annual leave ticket to your point of origin.
• Service year bonus: One month salary on completion of year two and yearly thereafter paid at the end of each contract year.
• End of contract bonus: This is a one-time payment made upon your final departure from the Hospital and is accrued throughout your tenure within the Hospital. Severance pay accrues at a rate of 15 days. pay for each of your first four years and 30 days. pay for the fifth and subsequent years.
• Vacation/ Annual leave: 54 days/year is divided as follows:
• 36 days paid annual leave (accrued 3 days/month)
• 17 days annual paid holidays (07 Eid AI-ftr & 10 Haj Holidays)
• 1 day paid National holiday.
• Free Housing: Free fully furnished hospital housing or a housing allowance. All utilities are paid by the hospital with the exception of your personal telephone calls, cable TV and internet access in the home.
• Medical and Dental Treatment: You are entitled to Medical Care through the Family Medicine Department. Dental Treatment is on an emergency basis only.
• Recreational Facilities:
• The hospital has a number of recreational facilities open to you, including swimming pools, tennis courts, a bowling alley and amenities centre. In addition, the Employee Social Club & Recreation Services offer a number of recreational courses, exercise programs and trips and a variety of other benefits to the employees. There are numerous Western companies in Jeddah with thousands of expats.
Bachelor in Nursing Science or Registered Nurse with current licensure from country of origin
Current 2 years clinical experience in an acute Cardiovascular surgical setting.
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.