Job description / Role
- Nursing and Midwifery
We are hiring for the #1 ranked hospital in The Middle East. Our client Hospital is a 985 bedded Magnet Accredited Tertiary referral Hospital. Contact us today for an information and application pack. We will guide you through the recruitment and relocation process.
Scope of Service:
- Oncology Clinic
Monthly patient volume:
- 5000 approximately
Scope of Service:
- The Oncology Clinic provides treatment and supportive nursing care for adult and pediatric oncology/hematology/ Stem Cell Transplantation (SCT) and palliative care patients.
- Services include a Treatment centre for long and short chemotherapy.
- We have an extensive adult and pediatric bone marrow transplant team.
- We have approximately 70 physician's clinics per week including 8 combined clinics and 5 surgical-oncology clinics.
- There are also three "drop in" nurse clinics (oncology/hematology, benign hematology and breast care).
- The adult medical oncology section is divided under the following programs: Breast Cancer, Lymphoma,Sarcoma, Head and Neck, Lung, GI/ GU and Gynecology.
- The adult Hematology/ SCT section is divided under three programs, namely Stem Cell Transplant,Leukemia and Non-Neoplastic Hematology (also known as benign hematology)
- The unit provides clinical rotation to Nursing Interns, Nursing Students, and new Nursing Graduates. In partnership with HOBA and ND & S also provides training for nurses from other hospitals.
The Treatment Areas provide a multitude of treatments, drug administrations and procedures including:
- Antineoplastic agents up to 9 hours duration,
- Blood and blood products transfusions,
- IV Antibiotics, IV Antifungal, IV Antivirals, IV Steroids, IV Chelating agents,
- TPN and IV Lipids,
- IV hydration,
- Peripheral Stem Cells Transplants,
- Donor Lymphocyte Infusion,
- Bone Marrow Aspiration and Transplantation,
- Lumbar punctures with and without intrathecal chemotherapy,
- Pentamidine treatments
- Minor Dressings
Health Educators, Doctors and Nurses provide information and education regarding chemotherapy and their side effects as well as management of Bone Marrow Transplantations. Mammacare certified nurses provide support and education regarding breast self exam and prosthesis fittings. We also provide procedural sedation for painful procedures.
The Oncology Centre has its own phlebotomy service, an intravenous admixture pharmacy and an outpatient pharmacy.
Hours of Operation:
- Sunday to Wednesday: 0800 - 1800 hrs
- Thursday: 0800 - 1700 hrs
Method of Adjusting to Staffing Variances:
- The nursing schedule for the staffing needs of the clinic is done every week on a Wednesday based on the projected number of patients in each clinic and the number of physicians for those clinics.
- The schedule is made one week in advance and for the treatment areas it is based on a 6-week rotation.
- Staffing may be adjusted on a daily basis depending on the volume of patients in each area and operational requirements of the unit.
- Overtime is utilized after hours as to cope with increased activity in the treatment areas and after hours to complete treatment.
- Staff Nurse
- Head Nurse or as assigned
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides safe patient and family focused quality care utilizing the nursing process.
- Demonstrates leadership competencies while in charge or acting as shift resource/team leader.
- Contributes to the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provides total patient care as assigned according to the core standards of patient care and established policies and evidence based practices.
- Assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care as well as discharge planning for each patient.
- Contributes to decreasing the length of stay/waiting time as per unit specific goal. Works in collaboration with Case Management to achieve goals.
- Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory to Head Nurse or designee.
- Demonstrates collaborative multi-disciplinary partnerships working towards the achievements of constant improvement in quality patient care.
- Acts as an advocate for patients and families.
- Identifies ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively impact on patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework.
- Participates through team working and collaborative partnerships in identifying and implementing solutions through evidence based practice or research to demonstrate improvements reflected at unit level.
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk to Head Nurse or designee.
- Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
- Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings on unit.
- Maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering and use of staff, equipment and materials.
- Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction.
- Leads unit based Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Contributes to special projects/assignments linked to nursing strategic priorities and professional practice model.
- Serves on unit based and divisional councils as assigned/elected. Contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of unit activities.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of IPPs.
- Assists in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship in line with relevant research and evidence based practice.
- Participates in patient education programs.
- Develops and sustains own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile.
- Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Participates in new staff/nursing student orientation aimed at developing competence and performance.
- Assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of nursing students and new staff to develop their competence.
- Demonstrates transcultural principles in nursing practice.
- Participates in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication and teamwork.
- Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
- Actively welcomes and provides support for new staff/students to the unit.
- Contributes to the retention of all staff to meet the unit specific turnover rate goal.
- Participates in retention activities.
- Upholds the organizational values at all times.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Generous tax-free income.
- Lucrative benefits package to include free fully furnished accommodation, free healthcare, free flights and 54 days paid leave per year.
- Other benefits +++
- Registered Nurse with current nursing license from country of origin
- Two years recent acute care nursing experience
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.