Job description / Role
Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery - Al Ahsa
Nursing and Midwifery
Labour ward/ Delivery Suite
Our client hospital is part of a group of tertiary referral medical cities situated in Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam and Al Hasa. The Hospital in Al Hasa has 300-beds and provides primary and secondary patient care.
Including: Outpatient Clinics, Pharmacy, four Operating Rooms and Day Surgery Operation Room. It also includes eight beds for Haemodialysis, Physical Therapy Department, Radiology Department, Endoscopy, ER, ICU, Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department with two rooms for caesareans and six L & D rooms. Wards include: Male and Female patient wards, Gynaecology, Obstetrics and female surgery. male surgical ophthalmology, ENT and a VIP ward.
To apply for a post through Professional Connections at this hospital you must hold a European, North American, Australian or New Zealand passport as we are contracted by our client only to source from these territories.
* Unit Name: Labor and Delivery
* Patient Population: Obstetric patients
* Hours of operation: 24-hrs/day - 7-days/week
* Occupancy: 1,317 deliveries (January to July 2015)
Primary Patient Diagnosis/conditions:
* Ante partum patients with a high-risk category such as APH, PROM, Preterm labor, Placenta Praevia, PIH, HELLP syndrome, Multiple gestation, Diabetes
* Management of the intrapartum patient with or without pre-existing medical conditions.
* Management of the high-risk patient's intrapartum.
* Postpartum assessment and management prior to transfer to OB/Gyn unit
* Assessment and management of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd stage of labor.
* CTG monitoring and interpretation.
* Management and stabilization of Pre-term labor.
* Management and stabilization of moderate/severe PIH. IV MgSO4 and Hydralazine administration.
* Management and stabilization of APH and PPH.
* IV cannulation and management.
* Induction of labor with prostin E
* Augmentation-of-labor. IV syntocinon administration.
* Normal vaginal deliveries, Forceps deliveries, and Kiwi Ventouse and Vacuum Extraction, Insertion of Epidural Anesthesia, Application of fetal scalp electrode, Cord blood PH
* Initial assessment and admission care of the neonate.
* Pre and postoperative care of normal deliveries and high-risk patients following caesarean sections.
* Assisting in Emergency Category 1 & 2 caesarean sections procedures
* Nursing care of post emergency abdominal hysterectomy for obstetrical emergencies such as placenta acreta and uncontrolled PPH.
* Implementation of clinical pathway(s) NSV, Cesarean Section and Newborn
* Initiating skin to skin Care
* Breastfeeding initiation and support per Baby Friendly Initiative
* Couplet care - Mother & healthy infant remain together
* Support person encouraged to support laboring mother
* Generous Tax Free Salary. Each case individually negotiated. Calculated for years of experience and for post graduate education.
* One year renewable contract. If you renew for a second year you will receive one month salary as a recontracting bonus.
* Holidays: 61 days paid leave per year. ( Annual leave and public holidays)
* Free fully furnished western accommodation.
* Recreation centres at all hospitals free of charge. Gym, tennis +++
*Free utilities. Cable TV available with up to 250 channels.
* High speed internet.
* Free healthcare.
* Return flight to your nearest international airport (Point of Hire) at beginning and end of contract.
* Midyear ticket to your point of hire.
* Two (2) years current clinical experience in specific area of practice
* Diploma or Degree in nursing from the following countries (Professional Connections is contracted by our client to source and assist nurses from the this list of Countries)
* Australia/ Austria/ Belgium/ Czech Republic/Denmark/ France/ Finland/ Germany/ Holland/ Ireland/ Italy/ Latvia/Netherlands New Zealand/ Norway/ Portugal/ Slovakia/ Slovenia/Sweden/ United Kingdom/Spain/ Greece/ Switzerland.
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.