Job description / Role
Registered Nurse Paediatric ICU Visas for females only
Nursing and Midwifery
Situated on the Red Sea coast, our client hospital is a 300 bedded tertiary hospital which meets the needs of the population of the Western Region of Saudi Arabia and the expatriate community. The identified centers of excellence are Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology and Paediatrics and these will be further defined through a mega expansion project currently in progress. This expansion will increase bed capacity to 850. Each year more than 4000 surgical procedures are performed and more than 220,004 ambulatory care service visits are provided.
The hospital has made history by being the first hospital in Saudi Arabia to receive Magnet® Recognition in Saudi Arabia and The GCC.
Scope Of Service:Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) provides 24 hour intensive nursing care for patients aged neonate through adolescence with capacity of 6 bed( future plan to open 10 beds)
The primary conditions and diagnoses treated are:
• Congenital heart disease, pre and 48 hr's post operative cardiac surgery
• Hematology/Oncology, Immunocompromized patients
• Metabolic disorders
• Pediatrics General Surgery, Neurosurgery
• Vascular Surgery, ENT, Endocrinology
• Critically ill pediatric medical patients requiring intensive care
The PICU utilizes numerous nursing diagnostic and therapeutic modalities to facilitate patient care, including the following:
• Use of nursing process, assessment, planning, interventions, and evaluation
• IV Therapy
• Hemodynamic monitoring
• Cardiac and neurologic monitoring
• Ventilatory support
• Psychosocial care
• Patient and family education
• Medication administration
• Trauma care
• Continuous renal replacement therapy (Fresenius)
• Pain management
Hours Of Operation:
• 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Number and mix of staff
• Registered Nurses functioning in a total care nursing system provide staffing. A charge nurse is designated for each shift. She/ he will be responsible for supervision and the quality of care delivered by personnel of her/ his shift. The charge nurse is not required to take a patient assignment unless there is an emergency situation or a low census.
• Unit staffing is assessed on a shiftbyshift basis.
• Shift Assignment are made each shift by the charge nurse/head nurse and based on the following criteria.;
• Complexity of patient's condition including nursing assessment, treatments, care and evaluations
• Type of technology employed in providing nursing care
• Degree of supervision required by each nursing staff member based on her/ his previously assessed level of competence
• Availability of supervision appropriate to the assessed and current competencies of nursing staff member
• Relevant infection control and safety issues
• Continuity of care
Methods of Adjusting to Staffing Variances:
• The Charge Nurse asses all patients for level of care required and determines if patient transferred to a less intensive level of care. Charge nurse may use temporary reassignment from other units or overtime to staff for variances in patient volume and acuity.
In Services and Continuing Educational Programs:
• Staff is offered continuing education and staff development to increase general knowledge, assure safety standards, improve quality care and keep staff abreast of new policies, protocols, technologies and treatment.
• The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) with the assistance of the Staff nurse preceptors and head nurse is responsible for the coordination of staff education and in services.
Job Title: Head Nurse
Reporting To: Assistant Chief of Nursing Affairs/ Program Director
Roles And Responsibility:
Leads and demonstrates the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care. Responsible for 24 hour management of assigned nursing unit. Assesses plans, directs, implements and evaluates patient care to comply with established standards in accordance with the American Nurses Association, Nursing Administration Scope & Standards of practice and performance and JCIA. Communicates effectively both inter and interdepartmentally. Strives for excellence on unit and promotes excellent team working and interdisciplinary relationships. Leads and demonstrates the successful achievement of the Nursing Affairs strategic goals.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensures that nursing and support team work flexibly and supportively together and that the objectives for the assigned area are delivered.
• Serves as leadership model for staff.
• Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration with outcomes aimed at the best interest of patients. Leads and demonstrates achievement in decreasing the length of stay/waiting time.
• Plans and ensures implementation and evaluation of patient education programs.
• Evaluates patient acuity and develops and reviews criteria for work assignment and delivery care model. Ensures that there is planned, effective, daytoday skill mix and staff management. Determines and reviews staffing plans and develops a scheduling system for unit and reviews regularly as staffing, skills mix and acuity change.
• Acts as an advocate for patients and families. Identifies ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that will negatively impact on patient care outcomes, using the professional practice framework. Participates through team working and collaborative partnerships in identifying and implementing solutions through evidence based practice or research to demonstrate improvements reflected in unit, divisional, organizational data and bench marks.
• Creates an environment that facilitates staff participation in the improvement of quality patient care in a transcultural environment. Records and evaluates activity against unit specific outcomes.
• Contributes to the development and delivery of Nursing Affairs objectives using a continuous improvement paradigm. Works creatively to achieve objectives by embracing new ways of working and taking the lead in the Change Management process when appropriate.
• Leads collaborative multidisciplinary partnerships working towards the achievement of unit and department goals.
• Develops evidence based nursing practice in collaboration with Assistant Head Nurse/Charge Nurse/Unit Council and Clinical Instructors/ Clinical Nurse Coordinators. Promotes and maintains a culture within the clinical environment, which challenges and questions practice and promotes critical thinking amongst staff.
• Leads and demonstrates achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction as per unit goals.
• Promotes an awareness of resource utilization and the associated financial implication. Leads and demonstrates achievement of cost efficiency on unit as per targets. Prepares annual budget and provides variance reports as required. Forecasts requirements for personnel, supplies and equipment.
• Promotes the effective orientation, precepting and support of new staff and students. Provides a welcoming work environment for new staff/nursing students and ensures appropriate preceptors are made available to assist with orientation. Monitors and tracks individual.
• Ensures ongoing individual performance appraisals are objectively completed for staff members against 'set criteria. Assists with action plans arising from these appraisals as necessary. Provides clear feedback to team members in a manner that is conducive to maintaining and improving performance. Counsels and/or disciplines staff when appropriate.
• Supports the recruitment of staff on unit and encourages and promotes the retention of all staff.
• Assists and supports staff in the identification, development, and implementation of their role according to his/her career development plan. Plans in collaboration with the Nursing Development and Saudization program for the training and development of Saudi nu students and graduates.
• Leads and demonstrates achievement in meeting targets for Saudization and nationality mix in areas of responsibility, consistent with Nursing Affairs' strategic plan.
• Develops and sustains own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness, and maintains a professional profile. Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
• Demonstrates excellent personal communication and teamwork. Establishes and maintains effective two way communication channels with individuals and multidisciplinary team. Treats colleagues, patients and visitors with dignity and respect at all times. Ensures communication from Nursing Executive is communicated to all staff.
• Applies problem solving techniques and evidence based practice to unit related issues.
• Effectively manages the allocated resources including staff, supplies and equipment.
• Contributes to the development and evaluation of hospital wide policies and procedures. Assists with organizational projects as requested including participating on nursing and /or interdisciplinary committees and task forces.
• Participates in Hospital wide Performance Improvement activities and develops unit Performance Plan.
• Establishes and maintains effective administrative processes on unit. Prepares quarterly reports and maintains records of activity and outcomes. Conducts unit meetings and maintains minutes.
• Produces training needs analysis and 'succession plans'. Supports Nursing research.
• Participates in the development of IPPs.
• Upholds the organizational values at all times.
• Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
• Participates in self and other's education, training and development, as applicable.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Tax free salary:
• We can advise on application as we need to know The Country where you obtained your qualifications, where you are currently working, years of post graduate experience, if you have any post graduate courses etc.
Sign on bonus: USD $2500 for one year and $5000 for two years.
• You will be entitled to both Initial Hire and Repatriation tickets to and from your point of origin. In addition, each year if you are there for more than 1 year you will be entitled to a free roundtrip annual leave ticket to your point of origin.
Service year bonus:
• One month salary on completion of year two and yearly thereafter paid at the end of each contract year.
End of contract bonus:
• This is a onetime payment made upon your final departure from the Hospital and is accrued throughout your tenure within the Hospital. Severance pay accrues at a rate of 15 days. pay for each of your first four years and 30 days. pay for the fifth and subsequent years.
Vacation/ Annual leave:
• 54 days/year is divided as follows:
• 36 days paid annual leave (accrued 3 days/month)
• 17 days annual paid holidays (07 Eid AIftr & 10 Haj Holidays)
• 1 day paid National holiday.
• Free fully furnished hospital housing or a housing allowance. All utilities are paid by the hospital with the exception of your personal telephone calls, cable TV and internet access in the home.
Medical and Dental Treatment:
• You are entitled to Medical Care through the Family Medicine Department. Dental Treatment is on an emergency basis only.
• The hospital has a number of recreational facilities open to you, including swimming pools, tennis courts, a bowling alley and amenities centre. In addition, the Employee Social Club & Recreation Services offer a number of recreational courses, exercise programs and trips and a variety of other benefits to the employees. There are numerous Western companies in Jeddah with thousands of expats.
• Current 2 years clinical experience in Pediatric Critical Care Nursing
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.