Job description / Role
Registered Nurse - Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (ICU 6)
Nursing and Midwifery
Paediatric - ICU/ITU
To apply for a post through Professional Connections at this hospital you should hold a European, North American, Australian or New Zealand passport as we are contracted by our client hospital to source from these territories only.
Join the most prestigious organisation in The Middle East.
Our client hospital which has a 2000 bed capacity, is based in the Central Region of Saudi Arabia. The facility includes the largest dedicated Children's Hospital in the Middle East which opened in June 2015. A state-of-the art developments such as Cardiac and Liver Center; Emergency Care and Trauma Center continues to be the best Trauma Care Center in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is ranked as the 4th Emergency Care Center outside the United States of America, to provide (PHTLS) Pre-Hospital Trauma and Life Support program. Dental, Ambulatory (Outpatient) Care, Long Term Care/ Rehabilitation, Other adult and pediatric services provided include: Surgical and Medical wards, Oncology. Obstetrics and Gynecology (Labor and Delivery, Oncology, Antenatal and Post Partum wards); Oncology, Neonatal ICU, Operating Rooms, Ambulatory Care Center, Home Health Care Program, VIP Wards, Royal Suite, College of Medicine and Nursing College.
Unit Name: Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
Paediatric - 0 to 14 years
Hours of Operation: 24 hours / 7 days per week
# of Beds: 20 Beds
Occupancy Rate: 100%
• Registered Nurses
• Patient Care Educators
• Unit Assistant / Interpreters
• Patient Care Technician
Primary Patient Diagnoses
• Respiratory Disorders, Distress and Failure,
• ARDS - Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, Cardio Pulmonary Arrest,
• Pneumonia, Status Asthmaticus,
• Neurological Disorders / Deficits e.g. Intractable seizures
• Traumatic Brain Injury post MVA, Craniotomy
• Organ Transplant: Liver and Renal Transplant, Acute / Chronic Liver and Renal
• Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders / Genetic Disorders / Infectious Disease
• Post-Operative Care of General Surgery, Airway Surgery, Plastics, Oro
• Oncology / Hematology
• Burns / Sepsis
• Organophosphate poisoning / Drug Ingestion
• Pre and Post Management of conjoined twins (separated)
• Post Epilepsy Neuro Surgery -(John Hopkins Program)
• Conventional Ventilatory Support Initiated
• High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation, Intubation, Extubation, Nitric Oxide
• Intubation, Extubation and Tracheostomy Care
• Preparation and Insertion of Central / Arterial Line
• And Intra-Abdominal Pressure monitoring
• Vasopressors and Inotropic Administration
• Continuous Peritoneal Dialysis
• Initiations of CRRT (CWH and CWHD)
• Epidural Analgesia and Patient Control Analgesia
• Pain Management of Sickle Cell patients on continuous Morphine Infusion
• Assisting with insertion and Management of chest tube
• Brain Death Protocol
• Organ Donation / Harvesting
• Tissue and Muscle Biopsy
• Intracranial Pressure Monitoring (ICP) and Care of patients with EVD
• Moderate Sedation
• Generous Tax-Free Salary. Each case individually negotiated.
• Calculated for years of experience and for postgraduate education.
• One-year renewable contract. If you renew for the second year, you will receive one month salary as a recontracting bonus.
• Holidays: 61 days paid leave per year. ( Annual leave and public
• Return flight to your nearest international airport (Point of Hire) at beginning and end of the contract.
• Midyear ticket to your point of hire.
• Free fully furnished western accommodation.
• Free healthcare.
• Recreation centres at all hospitals free of charge.
• Free utilities. Cable TV available with up to 250 channels.
• High-speed internet.
• Registered Nurse with current Nursing license - E
• Diploma in Nursing (Western standard) - Essential
• Two (2) years current clinical experience in specific area of practice - E
• Specific Certification as Required in area of assignment - E
• English Language Skills: Level 1- E
• Computer Skills: Proficient - E
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.