Job description / Role
• UNIT DESCRIPTION:SURGICAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (SICU)
• NO. OF BEDS:3
SCOPE OF SERVICE:
• SICU provides care for surgical patients who are not severely ill requiring short-term ventilatory management, observation and in reversible state, who had surgery that includes craniotomy, abdominal surgery, aorto-femoral bypass, renal transplant, and any patient post-operatively that has an underlying medical condition that requires close monitoring", except patients post cardiac surgery.
The SICU provides 24 hours coverage post anaesthesia nursing care for all adult patients aged above 14 years old.
FREQUENT PROCEDURES / SERVICES / FUNCTIONS:
• The SICU utilizes numerous nursing diagnostic and therapeutic modalities to facilitate patient care, including the following:
• Nursing process (ongoing multi-system physical and psychosocial assessment, planning, intervention, education, and evaluation)
• Invasive hemodynamic monitoring
• Mechanical Ventilation
• Cardiac Monitoring
• Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy
• IV Therapy
• Fluid and electrolyte balance and replacement
• Blood and blood component administration
• Airway management
• Skin care
• Pain management Patient Controlled Analgesia, Epidural Analgesia
• Administration of pharmacological agents
• Emergency resuscitation procedures
• Management of post operative drains and wound care
• Safety management
• Infection Control
HOURS OF OPERATION:
• 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION AND TRANSFER FROM SERVICE:
• SICU patients ONLY admitted from OR, those patients required to have at least one of the following requirements:
• Post operatively patient that need frequent observation and / or intervention.
• Post operatively patient that need invasive / intensive monitoring, without anticipation of possible aggressive interventions.
• Post operatively patient that need life support measures and monitoring equipment, usually following:
• Vascular surgery
• Airway surgery
• Craniofacial surgery
• Mandibular Surgery
• Orthopaedic and spine surgery
• General surgery
• Neurosurgical procedures
• Renal Transplant
• Post operatively patient that requiring short-term ventilatory management
• Only post surgical patients to be admitted to SICU.
• No emergency surgical admission to SICU
• Surgeries booking must be through the covering anaesthesia team in collaboration with the Head nurse.
• Tax free salary:
• We can advise on application as we need to know The Country where you obtained your qualifications, where you are currently working, years of post graduate experience, if you have any post graduate courses etc.
• Sign on bonus: USD $2500 for one year and $5000 for two years.
• Airline Tickets: You will be entitled to both Initial Hire and Repatriation tickets to and from your point of origin. In addition, each year if you are there for more than 1 year you will be entitled to a free round-trip annual leave ticket to your point of origin.
• Service year bonus: One month salary on completion of year two and yearly thereafter paid at the end of each contract year.
• End of contract bonus: This is a one-time payment made upon your final departure from the Hospital and is accrued throughout your tenure within the Hospital. Severance pay accrues at a rate of 15 days. pay for each of your first four years and 30 days. pay for the fifth and subsequent years.
• Vacation/ Annual leave: 54 days/year is divided as follows:
• 36 days paid annual leave (accrued 3 days/month)
• 17 days annual paid holidays (07 Eid AI-ftr & 10 Haj Holidays)
• 1 day paid National holiday.
• Free Housing: Free fully furnished hospital housing or a housing allowance. All utilities are paid by the hospital with the exception of your personal telephone calls, cable TV and internet access in the home.
• Medical and Dental Treatment: You are entitled to Medical Care through the Family Medicine Department. Dental Treatment is on an emergency basis only.
• Recreational Facilities:
• The hospital has a number of recreational facilities open to you, including swimming pools, tennis courts, a bowling alley and amenities centre. In addition, the Employee Social Club & Recreation Services offer a number of recreational courses, exercise programs and trips and a variety of other benefits to the employees. There are numerous Western companies in Jeddah with thousands of expats.
• Bachelor in Nursing Science or Registered Nurse with current licensure from country of origin
• Current 2 years clinical experience in Critical Care nursing.
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.