Job description / Role
Reliability engineering that emphasizes dependability in the lifecycle management of a system / component dependability, or reliability, it describes the ability of a system or component to function under stated conditions for a specified period of time.
The Reliability General Supervisor has the primary responsibility of the reliability support for all maintenance systems in the campus
• Conduct failure analysis and root cause analysis (RCA) in order to improve the reliability and the availability of systems. Track all recommendations and send action plan reports to the client.
• Be able to conduct Reliability-cantered maintenance (RCM) to ensure that systems continue to do as per their present operating context. Conduct analyses to determine appropriate maintenance tasks to address each of the identified failure modes and their consequences.
• Collaborate with engineering and maintenance managements to review all assets maintenance strategies for improvement and monitoring of the life cycle as well the performance to the Campus Maintenance team
• Establish the Predictive maintenance strategy by defining the condition monitoring task lists for each class of assets and define the lower and upper limit for each reading such as vibration reading.
• Collaborate with maintenance planning team to implement the PDM in the CMMS (MAXIMO).
• Attend to critical incidents in Campus and to provide technical advice and gather evidence for RCA
• Evaluate asset condition and degradation and recommend improvements/ refurbishment.
• Review and suggest methods for improving asset life without compromising availability of assets.
• Conduct market studies for asset replacement and suggest options to client.
• Works with Engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations. The Reliability Engineer is responsible for adhering to the Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM) process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets.
• Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans.
• Review in regular basis the effectiveness of the PM strategies.
• Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
• Provides input to a Risk Management Plan that will anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
• Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
• Works with engineering and maintenance to perform analyses of assets including:
• Asset Utilization
• Overall Equipment Effectiveness
• Remaining useful life
• Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets
• Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
• Bachelor degree in engineering preferably in Mechanical Engineering
• A minimum of ten (10) years of supervisory experience is required
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in a maintenance or skilled trade environment
• Proven experience in reliability engineering and root cause analysis
• Experience in mechanical / electrical generation facilities is preferred
• CMRP or RCM certification is preferred.
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office software
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work effectively with all level of personnel and to work under minimal supervision.
• Well converse with Maintenance programs and strategies
• Leadership Qualities
• Ability to read technical drawings and know commissioning procedures
• Ability to work to standards and regulations set by applicable local and international codes and agencies
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.