Repair & Maintenance Engineer
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
R & M Engineer
Immaculate public areas, attractive grounds and efficient operational systems combine to make Fairmont Hotels & Resorts places of unrivalled presence . As R&M Engineer, you will empower your team to achieve exceptional standards, and develop preventative maintenance and resource management programs that ensure a safe and welcoming hotel for all Colleagues, guests and visitors.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Executive Chief Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible to carry out scheduled PM Program for all areas under R&M Department. Provide effective supervision at site work to ensure that safety and work standards are maintained all the time.
- To oversee preventive Maintenance process for Kitchen, Laundry, Guest Rooms, Public areas, Restaurants and others. Analyze room defect trends to eliminate recurring problems, including inspecting the condition of furniture and appliances and reporting damages to his superior. Daily follow up on all Royal service complaints and keep close coordination with other House Keeping Department.
- To keep high standard of work with a minimum of downtime by proper planning and scheduling of site work, to ensure that, minimum affects in the function of the Hotel operation.
- Keeping all maintenance records as required for the smooth operation, to train and instruct the Engineering staffs working under his direction to maintain the safety and work standards. All engineering Hot jobs, which required special safety precautions needs to be supervised effectively to avoid any un expected accident and damage of the property.
- Manage all repair work/ Project by effectively coordinating, scheduling and planning of all tasks in advance of beginning of any repair work and Project. Coordinate efforts with engineering and other affected departments for the execution of work. Ensure that, the site area is well protected during the maintenance work, a proper signage is displayed and the working area is cleaned prior the staff leave the place.
- Accident Prevention and Safety - To be aware of all job safety Analysis, provide job safety instructions to the staffs and strive to work in an accident free manner and create a safe work environment.
- Implement effectively all departmental training program, putting all efforts to develop the skills and knowledge of the staffs.
- Making daily/weekly and Monthly inspection of all his related areas and take appropriate action for the up keeping and maintaining high standard.
- Emergencies - To be available for any emergencies and act in a professional manner to protect our Guests, Staffs and preserve the Hotel Property and its system.
- Responsible to organize, maintain and operate workshops and other engineering working areas in a required standards and good engineering practices. Store paint and other materials in a safe manner.
- Keeping the required standards of hygiene and uniform standard of staffs working his direction.
- Responsible to provide work supervision on contractor work and to check work performance and verify the site work as directed.
- Required to be available by pager/ two way radio or phone for emergency response purposes.
- Minimum three (3) years experience with the similar position in a five star Hotels or similar organization.
- Engineering Degree/ Diploma or similar qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with MS office and others such as Auto CAD.
- Ability to work well under pressure and must lead by example.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.