Job description / Role
To apply for a post through Professional Connections at this hospital you should hold a European, North American, Australian or New Zealand passport as we are contracted by our client hospital to source from these territories only.
Join the most prestigious organisation in The Middle East.
Our client hospital which has a 2000 bed capacity, is based in the Central Region of Saudi Arabia. The facility includes the largest dedicated Children's Hospital in the Middle East which opened in June 2015. A state-of-the art developments such as Cardiac and Liver Center; Emergency Care and Trauma Center continues to be the best Trauma Care Center in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is ranked as the 4th Emergency Care Center outside the United States of America, to provide (PHTLS) Pre-Hospital Trauma and Life Support program. Dental, Ambulatory (Outpatient) Care, Long Term Care/ Rehabilitation, Other adult and pediatric services provided include: Surgical and Medical wards, Oncology. Obstetrics and Gynecology (Labor and Delivery, Oncology, Antenatal and Post Partum wards); Oncology, Neonatal ICU, Operating Rooms, Ambulatory Care Center, Home Health Care Program, VIP Wards, Royal Suite, College of Medicine and Nursing College.
Job Title: Research Scientist
Responsible to : Immediate Supervisor
Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian Ministry of National Guard- Health Affairs, responsible for assisting with overseeing the KAIMRC scientific research activities in addition to working as an individual investigator to produce scientific/clinical research in accordance with the policies and procedures of KAIMRC and MNGHA.
Main areas of responsibility:
1. Manage and lead the development and administration of basic Medical Research and Human Clinical Trials Research Project.
2. Conduct research and clinical investigations and execute planned experiments.
3. Make independent decisions on routine issues and recommend scientific approaches and solutions.
4. Assist in the periodic assessment of ongoing laboratory research studies.
5. Assist in seeking a progressive growth of investigative work at KAIMRC by submitting proposals for extramural funding of stimulating investigative studies by other members of the medical and research staff, and by appropriate promotional efforts of the KAIMRC academic programs.
6. Evaluate scientific, medical diagnostics, pathologists research applications received from members of the KAIMRC staff and for improving the quality of research proposals prior to their submission to the research council for review.
7. Safeguard the safety guidelines when dealing with laboratory materials.
8. Train junior researchers, technologists and other KAIMRC staff on new experiments, platforms, equipment and technologies.
9. Promote teamwork, communications and sharing of information between projects in domain of expertise.
10. Participate in the preparation of personnel evaluations for subordinate staff in accordance with hospital and departmental personnel policy, as might be required.
11. Participate in long-term planning of research activities at KAIMRC or in the field.
12. Assist in the development of the Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Research Center reports.
13. Maintain the Research Laboratories in the Research Center based on higher specialty, in compliance with the local laws, the standards adopted by the Ministry of Health, and the accrediting and regulatory bodies.
14. Perform other job related duties as assigned
* Generous Tax-Free Salary. Each case individually negotiated.
Calculated for years of experience and for postgraduate education.
* One-year renewable contract. If you renew for the second year, you will receive one month salary as a recontracting bonus.
* Holidays: 61 days paid leave per year. ( Annual leave and public
* Return flight to your nearest international airport (Point of Hire) at beginning and end of the contract.
* Midyear ticket to your point of hire.
* Free fully furnished western accommodation. See our website for some
examples of the housing
* Free healthcare.
* Recreation centres at all hospitals free of charge.
* Free utilities. Cable TV available with up to 250 channels.
* High-speed internet.
- Doctorate Degree (PhD) in Science/Pathology or in a related discipline from an accredited institution - Essential
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience in clinical research laboratory from a well recognized research laboratory - Essential
- Proven leadership experience in research, development and production - Essential
- Proven track record of experience writing and submitting scientific publications patents and/or regulatory documents - Essential
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.